Kams precombine Mock Draft.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
2011 NFL DRAFT

1. Carolina (2-14) - Cam Newton

(I know everybody expects the Panthers to take a DE here, but Rivera is a new HC, they basically restarted rebuilding, and you don't start with a DE/DT. The DT is the most important position of a Defense IF your playing 3-4. Which I do not believe the Panthers are. So they take Cam Newton and get their Franchise QB, if he matures, then they will have a star, because he has everything. The Tools, Arm, Speed. He just needs to grab that character a bit)

2. Denver (4-12) - Nick Fairley

(They won't go DE because they have Elvis and they're not quite ready to call it quits on Robert Ayers just yet. They won't take Patrick Peterson because they signed Champ Bailey and gave him all that money, while he is getting older. You don't take a DB this high unless he's going to come in and contribute fully.)

3. Buffalo (4-12) - Von Miller

(Buffalo takes the BAP and a Beast of a rusher in Von Miller, guy is so explosive off the line. People instantly think Peterson would be the BAP here, but nope. Heres Miller, they wanted Newton, but Panthers grabbed him up before Buffalo could in fact grab him)

4. Cincinnati (4-12) - Marcell Dareus

(Not exactly the sexy pick that all Bengal fans are hoping for when AJ Green is still on the board. I just see Dareus going to the Bengals for some odd reason. Although Green has talent, I don't see him having the edge over a player that plays in the trenches. As everybody knows, thats where games are won and lost)

5. Arizona (5-11) - Robert Quinn

(Cardinals will have a young rusher core with O'Brian Schofield and now Robert Quinn. Quinn sat out the whole 2010 season. His strong showing he'll have at the combine elevates him to a top 5 selection. Cardinals really need to get better on this defense even though they have a great need for QB. I see them grabbing a young gun in the later rounds to compete with Skelton. They could also possibly grab a McNabb or Kolb in trade/FA)

6. Cleveland (5-11) - AJ Green

(Mike Holmgren stated yesterday he's looking for a "Homerun Hitter" during this years draft, well between Von Miller and AJ Green they are the only SURE THINGs I can see. So congrats to you Brown fans. You will have Mohamed Massaquoi and AJ Green on the outside with Brian Robiskie in the middle. Which is a young and upcoming core and would give 2nd year QB Colt McCoy a lot of help)

7. San Francisco (6-10) - Patrick Peterson

(Why does it feel like the 49ers always get lucky and come away with that stud playmaker? 49ers skip to the mic with the card of Peterson's name in hand. While I feel he'll be a safety in the NFL due to stiff hips, he could well prove me wrong and become that lockdown corner that he's projected.)

8. Tennessee (6-10) - Da'Quan Bowers

(Bowers kinda becomes the forgotten player due to an injury which prevents him to do some of the workouts and such during the prospect scout time. He was considered a beast at Clemson but personally I don't think he'll pan out. A lot of Titan fans here are calling for Gabbert, but lets be logical. The Drop of QBs this year is pretty big, you don't take Gabbert at 8, you can trade back and select him later. Titans have a great need for QB, however they'll be losing Jim Washburn and Jason Babin and Derrick Morgan is coming from a torn ACL (who I never liked anyways)

9. Dallas (6-10) - Nate Solder

(I Don't think they select him here, however they'll trade back a few spots and still select him. Maybe somebody could trade up for Gabbert here. Solder was invited by Jerry Jones to his private Superbowl Party in Dallas and the Cowboys have a big need for a OT to keep Tony Romo upright.)

10. Washington (6-10) - Cameron Jordan

(I think the Redskins could use Jordan in a number of different ways, and he could still be effective and get to the Quarterback. It's being reported that he has a better motor than college Teammate Tyson Alualu who came out last year and was selected by the Jaguars, which is amazing because Alualu has one of the best motors i've ever seen. Redskins get a nice player here.)

11. Houston (6-10) - Aldon Smith

(Houston switched to the 3-4 which means they are gonna need a OLB rush backer opposite of DE/OLB Conor Barwin. Aldon is this year JPP and is just as raw as Pierre-Paul was/is. I expect it to take him about a year or so to get used to the NFL and really contribute.)

12. Minnesota (6-10) - Prince Amukamara

(Minnesota is one of them teams who need a little bit of everything QB/WR/CB/S/DT So I just gave them basically the BAP here. They drafted Chris Cook last year out of Virginia which has good size and could well infect play safety if it came down to that. I just don't see the Vikings passing on Amukamara and his upside in this situation. The #2 rated CB on a lot of peoples ranking boards, He could fair well in Minnesota)

13. Detroit (6-10) - Akeem Ayers

(Julian Peterson won't be back next year so that leaves a need on the outside for Ayers to fill. The Lions are steady building to the Defensive side of the ball. They also could take a OT here, but I just think they'll take somebody in round 2 they can develop into a future LT. I'm not really sure how I feel on Ayers since I feel the LB position is kinda overdrafted. I've heard from people who have watched a lot of his games that he comes off as kinda lazy. We'll see how he works out on the next level, I've leaving my opinion open on him.)

14. St. Louis (7-9) - Corey Liuget

(The rams for years have needed a big DT to throw people around, they passed up on Ndamukong Suh to take Offensive ROTY Sam Bradford. Ofcourse he needs WR help but everybody is just automatically placing Julio Jones here like its a sure thing. I know I like to shake things up a tad bit. So here we go)

15. Miami (7-9) - Blaine Gabbert

(Chad Henne just isn't the Franchise QB everybody though so. It's kind of a shock for Gabbert to fall here for a lot of people because they have him going much higher. I think his decision to not throw at the combine may have hurt him a bit as to where teams could look at it as if he's not AS confident in his arm as they thought he was. I know a team could trade back with Miami here and jump up to grab Gabbert so thats another reason I have him going here. We all know how Miami like to trade back. Then they'd take a Mark Ingram)

16. Jacksonville (8-8) - Jimmy Smith

(Personally my favorite prospect in this years draft. I love his upside, he can play Cornerback and also FS in the right defense. Nobody has him REALLY going to the Jaguars due to the fact that we feel we're going DE. Jimmy Smith has all-star potential. He can be a shutdown corner and he's improved in every year. He also has great size and intangibles.)

17. New England - from Oakland (8-8) - Julio Jones

(Rumors flew yesterday of the Pats trading up in the draft to select AJ Green however I think its hogwash and it just lets teams know that the Pats are open to trade, which they always are. Pats need big WR help and get somebody here who can stretch the field. Another target for Brady, and the pats get better)

18. San Diego (9-7) - J.J. Watt

(He's becoming one of the more talked about players right now, and the Chargers have a need for a 3-4 DE. So here you go San Diego. Personally I like Watt more than most people, I feel he has a great motor, technique, and passion for the game unlike most players who just want the money. Stay classy San Diego)

19. New York Giants (10-6) - Anthony Castonzo

(I know a lot of Giants fans really don't like this pick because it isn't the "sexy" thing to do. However games are won and lost in the trenches and William Beatty has been a disappointment so far.)

20. Tampa Bay (10-6) - Ryan Kerrigan

(I know a lot of people have Kerrigan going higher than this, but I see him kinda as a tweener and once he gets beat off the first step, he becomes lost. He still has a lot of things to learn, and needs to pick up on some more technique. He's raw. He'll learn and hopefully become a good pick for Tampa Bay)

21. Kansas City* (10-6) - Phil Taylor

(Taylor has become instantly a favorite for the Chiefs pick due to the fact that they have a glaring need for NT and in a 3-4 defense, they don't come around often, especially since thats the most important position in a 3-4. There is some character concerns there, he'll mature as he gets older. My concern with him would be keeping him in shape during the offseason after football while he'll be basically on vacation. If you can do that and keep him healthy, you'll have a monster in the middle.)

22. Indianapolis* (10-6) - Tryon Smith

(Tryon Smith has kinda had a Jason Smith (2009) Jump in this years draft, I remember people having him as a very,very late 1st/early 2nd because he was small. He showed up to weigh ins around 300 pounds which is good. Its inevitable that the Colts will take a OT here. That they're greatest need, and they have to protect that Franchise QB.)

23. Philadelphia* (10-6) - Gabe Carimi

(Carimi fits Andy Reids blocking scheme perfectly. He will take over at RT and it will help solidify the Eagles Oline. I have Carimi rated higher than Tryon and Anthony, I just feel he'll fall due to teams falling in love with them more than him.)

24. New Orleans* (11-5) - Muhammad Wilkerson

(Ellis needs a partner on that DT position. He'll help out the trenches and throw some people around so the LB's can play.)

25. Seattle* (7-9) - Justin Houston

(Seahawks need DE help just as much as anybody. He'll come in and hopefully produce for them, I haven't seen much of Houston so I can't say much on him. I heard a lot of scouts are however high on him.)

26. Baltimore* (12-4) - Torrey Smith

(I know a lot of people isn't high on smith, but I'm not the biggest fan of Titus Young or Jonathan Baldwin and the Baltimore Ravens need WR's so this is who I have them taking.)

27. Atlanta* (13-3) - Mike Pouncey

(Pouncey has made himself a name though his brother who plays for the Steelers. Not saying Mike is bad, he's just not as good as his brother, plain and simple.)

28. New England* (14-2) - Cameron Heyward

(New England needs DE help and they get that help here with Cameron Heyward. He will come in and contribute immediately.)

29. Chicago* (11-5) - Derek Sherrod

(Bears need OL help bad, they get a young OT here they can hopefully develop into a full time starter)

30. New York Jets* (11-5) - Christian Ballard

(My sleeper pick for first round this year, Christian Ballard is this years Lamarr Houston where he can play both DE/DT. He's quick off the line and he'll shock everybody. )

31. Pittsburgh* (12-4) - Brandon Harris

(With Ike Taylor leaving to FA, The Steelers secondary who got torched by Aaron Rodgers in the superbowl could use a younger upgrade. Brandon Harris is the best tackling CB in the draft and could be a real find here.)

32. Green Bay* (10-6) - Aaron Williams

(The Packers want Nnamdi, however won't sign him. So they'll draft a young CB here and move Charles Woodson to Safety.)

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Julio falling to 17...hmmmmm.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I like it. Definitely an "outside the box" mock draft. Always good to see someone push the envelope.

I just can't see Amukamara getting by Houston, nor could I see the Rams taking anyone other than Jones... but that's just me.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
lol fuck you guys.. 43 views 3 replys.. i spent like 1 hour 30 mins on this shit for here.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Never heard of the guy you had us drafting or I'd comment lol

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't see us passing Jimmy Smith for Ayers.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
I don't see us passing Jimmy Smith for Ayers.
13 for Ayers is good, you don't reach for needs. A CB is a need, 13 is too high for smith, hes too raw.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And WOW, I didn't notice this at first glance...but I can't see ANY possible circumstance where Bowers falls that far.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's not really a reach. Lot of mocks I've seen have him going to us.
I think 13 is too high for Ayers.

I wouldn't be mad with either though.
I just think if Smith is there, we take him. We NEED a young CB with upside.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
And WOW, I didn't notice this at first glance...but I can't see ANY possible circumstance where Bowers falls that far.
LOL. I told myself before I did it, i didnt wanna do another predictable mock.

Anyways, yea, its out of the box. I just don't like Bowers.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
It's not really a reach. Lot of mocks I've seen have him going to us.
I think 13 is too high for Ayers.

I wouldn't be mad with either though.
I just think if Smith is there, we take him. We NEED a young CB with upside.
If your the Lions though, you dont draft need.. You draft BPA. I can't say Smith is the BPA there.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Houston will go much higher. And not throwing at the combine wont affect Gabbert, he's just working to be perfect, and will display that at his pro day.
And yes...it's outside the box, but in some cases I find a little too far, but hey, I respect it.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't think Ayers is either. Lot of mocks I've seen have him going around the 18 range.
I think Ayers would be drafting off need as well.

jrscfnk

Reaction score
Eh, I understand the idea from an outsider's perspective, but defensive tackle really isn't that big of a need for Cincinnati, and wide receiver is a glaring one. DE would make much more sense if you're gonna go d-line, with either Bowers or Quinn. That said, I still feel that Green or Peterson would be much better options at that point than Dareus, as much as I do like him.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Houston will go much higher. And not throwing at the combine wont affect Gabbert, he's just working to be perfect, and will display that at his pro day.
And yes...it's outside the box, but in some cases I find a little too far, but hey, I respect it.
You're just inlove with Houston.

Also, Gabbert can fall. Especially if one of them teams from the 1-15 range fall in love with Newton because of him throwing and not Gabbert, and because a team super high takes newton, pushes better players down, which in the end makes Gabbert drop.

TTN2810

Reaction score
We have to wait to see what Newton's hype will be. At this point no one knows.
And yes, I love Houston. He's every bit as talented as Aldon, and more polished.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
We have to wait to see what Newton's hype will be. At this point no one knows.
And yes, I love Houston. He's every bit as talented as Aldon, and more polished.
He's not as talented, and Aldon has WAY more upside.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Aldon will bust IMO though.
EDIT
And Houston is very good inn the run game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%