Justin Houston, Christian Ballard failed drug tests

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Georgia defensive end Justin Houston and Iowa defensive tackle Christian Ballard both failed drug tests for marijuana at the NFL Scouting Combine according to Alex Marvez and Jay Glazer of FOX.

The information comes as news to us, but it’s possible teams have been aware of the result for a while now. Houston has been talked about as a potential late first-round draft pick, but the failure will be a red flag for teams that already questioned his snap-to-snap energy.

Ballard was projected as high as a second round pick by some draft analysts.

Plenty of players have been caught for smoking weed before and they still were drafted highly. Coaches know that a large segment of every team smokes, making the drug test at the Combine an intelligence test more than anything.

Houston and Ballard apparently failed that intelligence test. We don’t think it will completely ruin their stock on draft day, but it certainly won’t help.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/26/report-justin-houston-christian-ballard-failed-drug-test-at-combine/

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Still want Houston, smoking weed isn't a big deal

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Still want Houston, smoking weed isn't a big deal
No, weed smoking isn't a big deal. This however, shows how stupid they are.

Smoking weed when THEY KNOW they'll be tested at the combine.

Not smart one bit.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I can just imagine the thought process...

"I'm so nervous about the combine... They gon test me for shit... Let me smoke this blunt and relax..."

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
I can just imagine the thought process...

"I'm so nervous about the combine... They gon test me for shit... Let me smoke this blunt and relax..."
"ITS FRIDAY, AINT GOT NO JOB, IMMA GET HIGH TODAY"

*smokes blunt*

"O FUCK, COMBINE IS MONDAY....... SHEEEET.. THEY AINT GONE FIND IT, WONT FIND IT"

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Also, whether or not smoking weed is a big deal, it's still against the NFL's substance abuse policy. Players can and will be suspended for this... so yeah, it kind of is a big deal.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Also, whether or not smoking weed is a big deal, it's still against the NFL's substance abuse policy. Players can and will be suspended for this... so yeah, it kind of is a big deal.
#truth.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Obviously, but assuming these guys aren't COMPLETE retards, they won't be testing positive again. Obviously their intelligence is in question because they tested positive here, but you'd have to think that they would learn from their mistake.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Obviously, but assuming these guys aren't COMPLETE retards, they won't be testing positive again. Obviously their intelligence is in question because they tested positive here, but you'd have to think that they would learn from their mistake.
Meh.

Percy Harvin did it, and still tests positive.. but its allowed for him. because hes allowed to smoke due to Migraines.

Mooche

Reaction score
These guys never cease to amaze me.. Wow, stupidity beyond belief.

I am a big Christian Ballard guy, too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%