Just wondering...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CB4_Raps

SI's Bad Boy
Reaction score
Any ideas as to how we can make the forum better with attention aimed at the forum itself rather than the image of it?

Perhaps admin/mods can put some ideas up that might improve the forum? Just a thought. No matter how long we've required a thread like this.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
well, I would love to see what the mods have up their sleeve?

maybe, they could give suggestions to improve their section..

as for other stuff.. I'm just trying to get one thing completely done, then move on.

I would love to see someone take on the Reporters & Debate sections for one

CB4_Raps

SI's Bad Boy
Reaction score
Let's all eat -- we can't answer this question on an empty stomach. LOL
LOL.

Good idea but not in the context of the thread.

I do feel however that we're focusing too much on the image of the forums rather than the content, which I have made a point of many times this month alone.

highlight_reel

Reaction score
What the heck happened to the article team anyway? We were doing fine until you all decided to make a "new and improved" team...

CB4_Raps

SI's Bad Boy
Reaction score
well, I would love to see what the mods have up their sleeve?

maybe, they could give suggestions to improve their section..

as for other stuff.. I'm just trying to get one thing completely done, then move on.

I would love to see someone take on the Reporters & Debate sections for one
Well it was kind of a thread in which everyone contributes.

I for one can't think of anything to improve a section in terms of what I think you're referring to. I just think quality discussion has to be a must in the forums, and I think people should be encouraged in some way to make quality posts.

I dunno, perhaps make a points system and award points on quality posts, articles and debates etc?

I am trying to get around to the article team, but my opinion of the overall board has went down and I'm not too sure if we have people who would take an interest in them.

Debates? How many good debators are on this forum? I can name maybe 4 excluding myself, 4 or 5 members can't run a section like that, people need to be encouraged(like with the points system) to partake in debates.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
here's the convo CB4 and I had -- more ideas:
[12:14] jarrodinsomnia: i like that --- hopefully broncos can find a point system that's easy to code
[12:16] CBRaps: yeah, well i do hope some more people contribute some ideas, i did like my idea of the points system so hopefully some others have some ideas that i might never have thought up
[12:17] jarrodinsomnia: it's kind of hard to reward for quality posts -- but i know u can bump up people's points
[12:17] jarrodinsomnia: so maybe do a weekly tally or something
[12:18] CBRaps: well... i guess you could do a quick scan of some members posts...because i dont know if you can encourage members to post good stuff if there's no rewards in it
[12:20] jarrodinsomnia: well, i was thinking the mods could keep track of their sections and then let the admins know like on a weekly basis -- maybe have like a MVP for each modded section or something
[12:22] CBRaps: so maybe award points based on that?
[12:22] jarrodinsomnia: yeah
[12:23] CBRaps: doesnt sound too bad
[12:23] CBRaps: only problem is, how many mods would bother themselves to do that?
[12:23] CBRaps: i could name a couple who wouldnt
[12:23] jarrodinsomnia: well, if they don't do it, we replace
[12:23] CBRaps: ok, sounds fair enough

CB4_Raps

SI's Bad Boy
Reaction score
Reward people for debating and it might be a success...which is sad but it's the only way of encouraging people I guess.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Reward people for debating and it might be a success...which is sad but it's the only way of encouraging people I guess.
Yeah... Maybe we could reward points for wins in sim leagues, debates, gfx battles, etc...

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah... Maybe we could reward points for wins in sim leagues, debates, gfx battles, etc...
idk about sim league wins, maybe if they win their division or the championship, but definitely for debates and gfx battles.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i have a point system for mlb sim league now -- and it's working great so far.. as for allowing them to use the points from posting, we'll see.

like i said, hopefully, broncos can find a simple coding for the pts system -- can be used for all kinds of requests like edits/sigs, etc

Cejis33

Serve the Servants
Reaction score
not just have the sports topics, have soem indepth forums of them

Sabbath

Reaction score
We should have an SI all-time team. Have polls for each position of a sport. And whoever gets the most votes is on the roster.

Marcum28

Reaction score
We need debate leaders to get off their <Censored> and start doing their job. I've waited two weeks for someone to post a topic for me and XFactor

X-Factor

LOST>ALL
Reaction score
We need debate leaders to get off their <Censored> and start doing their job. I've waited two weeks for someone to post a topic for me and XFactor
Well I ain't going to lie. It has been about 2-3 weeks of waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%