CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Mexi said:
Do you guys have twitter add me on twitter
I have sheldon
I just deleted mine otherwise I'd add you. Sheldon sent me the screenshots of him roasting you the other night haha

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Theyre gonna move it out of charlotte
Come to LA in 2018

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
dont kill my vibe.

BrewCrewFan

Reaction score
A lot of the ADFS members have been posting with each other for 3-4 years as well. I think you guys will all get along pretty well. 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Mexi said:
Theyre gonna move it out of charlotte
Come to LA in 2018
More ideal spot. But we already agreed on 2017 breh. Dez has the hookup at the ritz Carlton

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
More ideal spot. But we already agreed on 2017 breh. Dez has the hookup at the ritz Carlton
if this is real id think about it

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Fly me out. Go fund me

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
On a serious note:

I have no true knowledge of how to run a sports forum, especially THE Sports Forum, but this doesn't seem like it's going to end very well. It feels like there are three parties here: SI, the board we're potentially merging with, and the owners. All three of these parties for the most part, save a few people who are in the know, are all on different pages right now and are being left in the dark about what is really going down. Are we adopting this forum? Is this a merge? Is a new board coming?

Like some people have already said, the only reason I post on this board anymore is because of the friendships I have with the users who I've spent as many as TEN FREAKING YEARS with on this site. If other members want to join, great. If not, SI would never fail because the group of guys we have now are what drive this board. Moving that to another site is not going to go well. Some members won't go, others will try it out and slowly fade away, and others will blend into a community that isn't anything like what we have now.

Every time something like this has come up, I've said that we should stick this out instead of trying to make SI into something that it is not. I don't think my opinion holds much value to those who make the decisions, but as Mexi and elcheato and everyone else could attest to on this board, I'm always right. So there's that. But seriously, GMF, nola, and whoever else from our side of the boards are calling the shots, I think that you all should think long and hard about the long term future of SI and the members who drive it before making this decision.
Believe me, it's the one thing that's been on my mind. I've told the others involved to tread lightly because a name change could ruin what makes SI so unique.

Ultimately it's not my decision. It's not Nolas decision. It's a decision that Shaggy, Iceman and Scott will have to make - all I can do is give them my opinion.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
On a serious note:

I have no true knowledge of how to run a sports forum, especially THE Sports Forum, but this doesn't seem like it's going to end very well. It feels like there are three parties here: SI, the board we're potentially merging with, and the owners. All three of these parties for the most part, save a few people who are in the know, are all on different pages right now and are being left in the dark about what is really going down. Are we adopting this forum? Is this a merge? Is a new board coming?

Like some people have already said, the only reason I post on this board anymore is because of the friendships I have with the users who I've spent as many as TEN FREAKING YEARS with on this site. If other members want to join, great. If not, SI would never fail because the group of guys we have now are what drive this board. Moving that to another site is not going to go well. Some members won't go, others will try it out and slowly fade away, and others will blend into a community that isn't anything like what we have now.

Every time something like this has come up, I've said that we should stick this out instead of trying to make SI into something that it is not. I don't think my opinion holds much value to those who make the decisions, but as Mexi and elcheato and everyone else could attest to on this board, I'm always right. So there's that. But seriously, GMF, nola, and whoever else from our side of the boards are calling the shots, I think that you all should think long and hard about the long term future of SI and the members who drive it before making this decision.

I don't do the forums thing much anymore but for what its worth, CC is correct. SI has a very rich lineage and these forum mergers or migrations to another board never work out in the long run. SI may be quiet but its adult-driven. I know a lot of these cats from the vB forums that Moneyman (BCF) recruits for/works for and believe me, many are like posting with little ass kids. The numbers will show up in the beginning but it won't take long for the personalities to clash. And speaking of Moneyman.... GMF, please tell me SI isn't getting into bed with that guy. He has the reliability of a dead moth and will be M.I.A within weeks of any major forum activity. 

I really think you guys will be disappointed with this change. From what I know and what I see right now at ADFS, their NBA sim leagues are the entire site. Not much sports talk at all. If you want a sim league crowd then save Shaggy some money and just open a couple of sim leagues and recruit GMs for them. 

At the very least, leave SI the way it is and make a conscious effort to be active at w/e new site Shaggy and GMF create. -AE

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
AE. said:
I know a lot of these cats from the vB forums that Moneyman (BCF) recruits for/works for and believe me, many are like posting with little ass kids.
QFT

CenterStageSports was more of like a Classic Shit Show, as the posting content was near shit most of the time. Sports discussion was shit and useless, sim leagues were too easy, and this was like 3-4 years ago. I joined that site because of you, and they slowly kicked you out of your own site and ran it into the ground.

We all felt so good about SI after rejecting Dave's merge attempt, because SI is still the better site. Bring members here, and we'll appropriate them into our culture. I've brought Fuhgs from CSS to here, and he's a regular. I'm thrilled I managed to take Teagz from the fucking remains of SCW and he's too part of our family. We can bring people over here, and quality of the site won't falter, but it might if we have to move

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
GMF1991 said:
Believe me, it's the one thing that's been on my mind. I've told the others involved to tread lightly because a name change could ruin what makes SI so unique.

Ultimately it's not my decision. It's not Nolas decision. It's a decision that Shaggy, Iceman and Scott will have to make - all I can do is give them my opinion.

The sad part is it doesn't seem like they care about the user input here at all. I remember back when the potential "merge" was happening with CSS and there was a big vote on it, and that vote had a big impact on the decision we ultimately made.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%