Junior Dos Santos/Brock Lesnar confirmed coaches for TUF 13

Dizzy Darko

Reaction score
UFC President Dana White announced today that former UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar and number one contender Junior dos Santos will match wits as the coaches of season 13 of the hit Spike TV reality series.

Following the season, which begins filming this month and begins airing on March 30, Lesnar and dos Santos will then match fists in the Octagon later in 2011.
UFC.com

Various reports from twitter are saying the rumors of Brock wanting to go to the WWE/not returning to the UFC were false. Also there will be no interim title on the line when these two meet, they are fighting for #1 contender. The fight will be "100% in June" and could be the headliner for the UFC's first foray into Vancouver.

Interesting that Brock gets completely exposed and gets instantly plugged into a #1 contender's bout. A season of TUF with Brock as a coach and fighting for a title shot at the end of the show will be a HUGE money maker, I get it, but Brock needs to be built back up. This is very winnable for Brock as long as he takes down and lays on JDS for 3 rounds, but I dont think he will have closed the gap between him and Cain if he wins, possibly setting up Cain/Brock II wayyy too soon.

Would much rather have seen JDS/Carwin for interim title and Brock/Mir as coaches but it is what it is.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I haven't heard like anything about Dos Santos, but Lesnar being a coach would be pretty cool. But I think its a tad early for him to be one, I mean he hasn't been in the UFC long at all.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
dell, you need to watch more mma. you dont know enough about pretty well known fighters.

i think this is dumb. huge money for zuffa and mma in general. but like dizzy said; too soon for cain/lesnar 2. i love how dana sucks on brocks nuts

/sarcasm

seriously, im pissed that brock gets another chance that fast. but, should be a good season. lol

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
WTF Dana? Brock just lost his lost his belt, why would u make him fight for the number 1 contendership right away? don't know how good Brock will be as a coach but it should be a good season.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Typically...Champions are granted an automatic re-match or put in a position to be 1 win away from a re-match. Brock Lesnar is no exception to this rule...despite the fact that he's been THE exception since he entered the UFC. Brock was the #1 PPV draw in 2010...to include boxing. This is says a lot.

I am honestly tired of arguing about what Brock deserves and what he doesn't deserve...I've finally began to embrace him and appreciate the attention he's brought to my 2nd favorite sport. His humbleness after his beating by Cain really took me back and reminded me that a lot of what this guy does and the shit he's talked...all part of the game. Brock is an entertainer and a damn good one. The things he's said since his loss have introduced more of him as a real person and a competitor. I like this version of Brock and I am very, very anxious to see how that big loss effects everything from his training to fight-plans. I've always been one for the heels. Brock Bandwagon? Yes please.

Genius idea to put these 2 on TUF...I'd do the same. Huge cable ratings, period. Is Brock too inexperienced to be on TUF? Hell no. Despite his short career, he's 100-times more fluent and better trained in MMA than any contestant will be. Not to mention, Brock is a world class wrestler.

Thanks to Dana for again, picking a set of coaches that really has me amped for the new season.

AgeofCJ

Reaction score
The only thing that shocks me about all of this is that usually the UFC does a rival setup for the TUF, Brock and Dos Santos have none of that and probably don't even know each other. All in all I expect huge ratings for it and hopefully Brock improves his stand up game because if he does, he will be a force to be reckoned with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%