Josh Johnson Named Starting QB

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
right, got that mixed up. Two Joshes was screwin me up as I was writing the first post haha.
Same here, I was thinking the 1st round selection (Freeman) would be the one starting lol

spanky8992

Reaction score
I dont understand why they drafted Freeman and they're not going to use them.

.loggie

Reaction score
the same reason they drafted Josh Johnson and never used him until now. why does it matter when they're selected in the draft or how old they are if one has been performing better than the other?

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
because... that'd be like drafting Matthew Stafford, then drafting a QB in the 6th round and starting him over Stafford.

You draft a guy earlier if you feel you need that guy to fill a hole or a weakness, and that he has a lot of potential and has shown signs that he can be a good player.

.loggie

Reaction score
Josh Johnson was drafted last season though and they obviously think that he knows the offense better and is more prepared to start otherwise they would put Freeman in.

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
because... that'd be like drafting Matthew Stafford, then drafting a QB in the 6th round and starting him over Stafford.

You draft a guy earlier if you feel you need that guy to fill a hole or a weakness, and that he has a lot of potential and has shown signs that he can be a good player.
Yeah, see. That's when you DRAFT him. Once these players actually start working with the actual team it's a whole different story. Numerous early round QB's have had hard times adjusting to the NFL. Regardless of where you were picked. If you're a 6th rounder (or whatever round Johnson was taken) performing better then that first or second round pick. Simply put, you're performing better and you should be the one out there.

Tampa Bay obviously doesn't see jack from Freeman to have him starting over Johnson right now.

Think about it, if you were that late round pick and was obviously performing better then the guy picked ahead of you, you'd want your go anyway right? Are you really going to just sit down just because the guy was picked earlier even though he looks like sh!t?

Reaction score
I watched every snap of the Eagles v Bucs game, and I'd say that Johnson has a lot of potential. He can move around really well, obviously, and is doing a better job keeping his eyes downfield. Unfortunately, the Eagles busted 22 or 23 zero blitzes (7 or more guys rushing) and forced 2 int's on the young QB. All a part of the learning curve.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Three interceptions actually; although, one wasn't his fault.

He has been good so far, well, I guess the best he can be.

Faine coming back under-center this week will help JJ a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%