Joel Embiid Looks Ready to Dominate

cavsfan817

You trying to get the pipe?
Reaction score
Pictures have surfaced recently of Joel Embiid practicing. He appears to be HUGE and definitely in shape, apparently adding a ton of muscle since he was drafted from the University of Kansas. The 76ers are likely to play him this year to see what he has, but there isn't a definite timetable setup yet. Here's the picture that is making the rounds:

http://www.barstoolsports.com/philadelphia/so-when-did-joel-embiid-get-all-sorts-of-ripped/

Thoughts on this? Can he mesh with Okafor and Noel?

Attachments

CP3MVP

#OrlandoStrong
Reaction score
honestly doesnt matter what you look like if your knees or feet cant hold up

cavsfan817

Reaction score
CP3MVP said:
honestly doesnt matter what you look like if your knees or feet cant hold up
I took it more to show that he is working on himself rather than the previous reports that he was fat and out of shape. If he's in shape that bodes better for the joints and ligaments than if he is overweight.

Me7o

Savage
Reaction score
He won't play this season. No point rushing him back since Philly is tanking

cavsfan817

Reaction score
Me7o said:
He won't play this season. No point rushing him back since Philly is tanking
From what I've read they are actually leaning more towards bringing him back for the last 1/4 of the year or so. I agree with you though that I wouldn't risk it.

Paulius

Reaction score
Embiid is a bust. The sixers knew it and drafted okafor instead of Russell. All they're hoping for is that he does decent for that 1/4 of the games so they could get rid of him real fast in the summer

BNC

Reaction score
#2 SG of all time #24 said:
Embiid is a bust. The sixers knew it and drafted okafor instead of Russell. All they're hoping for is that he does decent for that 1/4 of the games so they could get rid of him real fast in the summer
Umm....

Me7o

Savage
Reaction score
Someone between Okafor/Embiid/Noel gotta go eventually. I think it'll be Noel

cavsfan817

Reaction score
They drafted Okafor after Russell was off the board bro. If they move anyone I believe it'll be Okafor. He doesn't have the defensive presence that Embiid does. You can teach an offensive game down low, but it's difficult to teach good defense when you're already at the pro level.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%