Joba Chamberlain Suffers Serious Injury

RManske2

Reaction score
Source: http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/7727304/2012-spring-training-new-york-yankees-joba-chamberlain-suffers-severe-field-ankle-dislocation

In what could be described as a fluke accident, Joba Chamberlain suffered an open ankle dislocation while playing with his kid. He had surgery but will remain in the hospital and will likely miss the season.

This is definitely sad and might put his career in question going forward so wishing him the best recovery possible.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Joba Chamberlain’s life was in danger following his ankle dislocation

I think we need to stop with the Joba on the trampoline jokes. This stuff was serious, people. And if you’re squeamish, you may not want to even ready this:

Joba Chamberlain lost so much blood Thursday when he hurt his ankle while playing with his son that there initially was concern for his life, a Yankees’ source said … When Chamberlain was hurt, bone was sticking out of his ankle and he was bleeding profusely, a team source said. Paramedics were called and Chamberlain was taken by ambulance to the hospital.

This is just awful. And the compound nature of the injury means that he is at risk for infection and, by virtue of facing the possibility of multiple surgeries, the odds of complications increase.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Damn this doesnt sound good for Joba. I hope he gets better soon.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sucks for him. Dude just can't catch a break.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
when I heard this at first I kinda chuckled -- but then when I heard about bone being exposed and then this, I kinda regreted the chuckle.

I can't even envision how this happened except for his foot landing on the bar going around the trampoline.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%