Jimmer Named AP Player of the Year

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Adam Morrison was better then Jimmer in college

SaintFan25

#JK25
Reaction score
Neither of them was as good offensively as Jimmer. Not even close if you ask me.
Morrison confirmed that you need to have more then just a sweet stroke to make it in the NBA. I loved Morrison when he was in college but the dude lacked the ability to create his own shot and was a liability on the other end of the floor, I just don't see Jimmer much better then that. Plus he lacks size, he's a shooting guard in a point guards body and that won't help him either.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Then you obviously don't watch Jimmer. He can create his own shot well. He can get to the hoop and draw the foul or finish. He has great basketball IQ, he is a good ball handler, and makes smart decisions and passes.

SaintFan25

#JK25
Reaction score
Then you obviously don't watch Jimmer. He can create his own shot well. He can get to the hoop and draw the foul or finish. He has great basketball IQ, he is a good ball handler, and makes smart decisions and passes.
Morrison could create his own shot too in college.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think your forgetting that Morrison had an injury that ended his NBA career. Sure he was a reserve player pretty much, but hey he was in the NBA.

SaintFan25

#JK25
Reaction score
I think your forgetting that Morrison had an injury that ended his NBA career.
No I'm not, I followed the dude since college. Prior to the injury he had an extremely mediocre season, not saying he couldn't have gotten any better, it was his rookie season afterall. However if you watched him you could just tell he wasn't going to be able to keep up with NBA players.

Anyway this is just my opinion and apparently the opinion of a few others. I'm not gonna sit here and go back and forth with you knowing I'm not gonna change your mind. I'm just saying just because you're good in college doesn't mean you're gonna be good or at least decent in the NBA. I just don't think Jimmer will be anything special in the NBA but who knows he may prove me wrong.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well yeah I agree with you there, just cause you do stuff in college, doesn't mean squat in the NBA.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
DJT, you act like Jimmer was an unstoppable force on the college level. Sure he was a great player in the Mountain West, but that's the Mountian West. The dude shot 13-36 from three in the tournament. He was just so overrated.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Jimmer had similar stats to JJ in 05-06

But Duke was the #1 team in the league, as BYU was a 3 seed in the Tourney.

Duke lost to LSU, who went to the Final 4 (Tyrus Thomas of LSU went 2nd overall in the draft the year after, and it was rumored that Glen Davis might have gone 1st if he entered the draft). BYU lost to Florida, whom lost the week after to an 8 seeded Butler

Redick has a career 7.7 ppg in the NBA.

His ceiling in the NBA is a white man's Kobe. But realistically, he will be worse than JJ

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Morrison should have just kept that 'stache... He sucked because he got rid of it, and cut his hair.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
People can say he won't be anything...i'm fine with that. But i'm one of the ones who thinks he will be something.

Time will tell.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Jimmer had similar stats to JJ in 05-06

But Duke was the #1 team in the league, as BYU was a 3 seed in the Tourney.

Duke lost to LSU, who went to the Final 4 (Tyrus Thomas of LSU went 2nd overall in the draft the year after, and it was rumored that Glen Davis might have gone 1st if he entered the draft). BYU lost to Florida, whom lost the week after to an 8 seeded Butler

Redick has a career 7.7 ppg in the NBA.

His ceiling in the NBA is a white man's Kobe. But realistically, he will be worse than JJ
Please don't compare Jimmer to Redick. Redick was the greatest shooter in college basketball history. Fredette is a good shooter, with a better ability to create his own shot, but also did it against much worse competition.

And fuck no there were not rumors of Glen Davis going 1st overall. He was a 2nd round pick in 2007 DO NOT KID YOURSELF.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Please don't compare Jimmer to Redick. Redick was the greatest shooter in college basketball history. Fredette is a good shooter, with a better ability to create his own shot, but also did it against much worse competition.

And fuck no there were not rumors of Glen Davis going 1st overall. He was a 2nd round pick in 2007 DO NOT KID YOURSELF.
That might just speak volumes about how weak the 06 draft class was.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Yeah but there were never talks of Baby going #1, Tyrus Thomas was always viewed as the better prospect of the two, especially after the tournament when he went off. Big Baby might have been a Top 20 pick in 2006, but #1? That's just bosox saying false stuff.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Yeah but there were never talks of Baby going #1, Tyrus Thomas was always viewed as the better prospect of the two, especially after the tournament when he went off. Big Baby might have been a Top 20 pick in 2006, but #1? That's just bosox saying false stuff.
What else is new :p

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I've been hearing about people that don't think he deserved it

Dude went off, he balled out. Why not?

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Not to mention Jimmer refuses to rebound or play defense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%