Jim Thome Thread

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Is he a Hall of Famer? Is he getting the attention he deserves? If not, why? He is currently approaching 600 and there isnt much attention for a guy who is approaching this big milestone.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's no doubt a Hall of Famer, and I don't buy the shit people are saying about him not being a great player.. In his prime, he was a feared hitter and a great player. No links to steroids.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Definitely a Hall of Famer

Not getting the media attention because he's limping to 600

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Great story, love Jim Thome - surefire Hall of Famer for exactly what cheato said. Also, bleacher is 100% right - he can get 600 tomorrow, or he can get it in two months. The media will start the countdown when he hits two more.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I actually was saying today that it was sad Thome wasn't getting any attention. But, yeah, I'd say he's HOF worthy.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
for sure hes HOF. i was going to post this a few days ago.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
600 homers is a ton
i dont see how he's not a HOFer

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think he should be a hall of famer...he's a great player. Anyone see that blast he hit the other day? That was huge!

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
^yeah he;s a lumberjack

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
How many teams has he been on? I remember he was on CHW and the Indians. Now the Twins.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Phillies for a good bit, and the Dodgers for half a year.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
His last season with Cleveland was fucking boss

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
dodgers for a month actually
he had one good hit with us in the playoffs against pedro i think?
extended the inning and we won :)

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hit 598 tonight, 2 away. Twins start a series in Cleveland in 7 or 8 days... Could hit it in Cleveland.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
lmao, that would be great. Country strong. Which is weird because then I guess its like implying that people in the city arent, lol idk.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Easily a Hall Of Famer. I was watching MLB Tonight a couple nights ago, and they did look ins whenever he was up to bat. So, he's starting to get more attention as he's nearing closer. I hated Thome when he was on the Sox, with a passion because he would just give us hell, every time we played him. When he was no longer in Chicago, I was happy thinking he would finally be out of the division, and he ends up in Minny. I still fear the guy every time we face him.

He'll eventually get there, and i'm hoping he does it soon. Only 2 away now, so it's almost there. His homers are some of the best to watch too. They are complete bombs.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lmao, that would be great. Country strong. Which is weird because then I guess its like implying that people in the city arent, lol idk.
Country strong means he's strong from working on the farm and shit. There aren't any farms in the city. LOL

Anyway, Thome is a sure fire Hall of Famer.

A couple weeks ago on 1st and 10, Skip and the guys were debating Thome as a Hall of Famer and they all said no.

I was laughing my ass off at them. One guy, it was a NFL blogger for ESPN.com, even said he used steroids because of the era he played in.

Fucking idiots....

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Country strong means he's strong from working on the farm and shit. There aren't any farms in the city. LOL

Anyway, Thome is a sure fire Hall of Famer.

A couple weeks ago on 1st and 10, Skip and the guys were debating Thome as a Hall of Famer and they all said no.

I was laughing my ass off at them. One guy, it was a NFL blogger for ESPN.com, even said he used steroids because of the era he played in.

Fucking idiots....
So you cant be strong in the city? lol, I know they mean due to hard manual labor. I just find it funny, cuz no one ever says city strong.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So you cant be strong in the city? lol, I know they mean due to hard manual labor. I just find it funny, cuz no one ever says city strong.
How are you gonna get city strong? LOL

You don't really grow up doing manual labor in the city.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%