Jason 'Mayhem' Miller Fired

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
UFC president Dana White is done with Jason "Mayhem" Miller. After losing to C.B. Dollaway in a bout that was booed for being less-than-thrilling and an unknown backstage incident, White said Miller is no longer with the UFC.

White wouldn't say what the incident was except to say it was nothing physical.

"Mayhem's done. He's gone," White said, adding that the incident was "just some bullshit that I don't want to talk about. We're on a crazy string here of dumb bullshit."
Miller fought in the UFC early in his career but then moved to Japanese promotions and to Strikeforce. He returned to the UFC with a coaching stint on "The Ultimate Fighter" that was followed by a bad loss to Michael Bisping.

White was also not happy with Miller's playful entrances for the weigh-in and his fight. Miller brought a pink boa and boom box to the weigh-in, and wore a paper bag out to the Octagon on Saturday.

"When you get embarrassed the way he did against Michael Bisping, then you show up in that pink whatever that thing was, I'm not into that stuff," said White. "It's not my thing. I guess I don't really care if guys do it because you see it at weigh-ins all the time. Just take this thing serious. If you want to be a clown do that stuff on your reality show."
Miller is the host of MTV's Bully Beatdown, a show that allows bullied teens to get their comeuppance against their tormentors via a trained fighter. He leaves the UFC with an overall record of 23-9, and no wins in the UFC.

i love the dude but mainly for the way he is. hes not an overly talented fighter when hes fought for the top show. dude needs to just calm his act and fight.

Rice18

I'm emotionally vested in me.
Reaction score
I really like mayhem, not even as a fighter just as a person.

Bully Beatdown was great, shows the guy has a great heart.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jason "Mayhem" Miller is a man of his word.

The now-unemployed fighter said before his bout with C.B. Dollaway that if he'd lost, he'd retire. He dropped a decision at UFC 146 on Saturday, then was cut from the UFC.

On Monday's "MMA Hour," he said he's walking away from fighting after winning 23 bouts and losing nine.
"Every fighter gives the same answer when they say they're retired. Pretty much every fighter says 'I'm retired until I need money.' I'm a pretty smart dude, I have other avenues open to me."
Miller hosts MTV's "Bully Beatdown," and is, as he puts it, a smart dude. He gets business and selling his own brand, which is why he uses the flamboyant entrances that Dana White blasted.

He also shed light on the "backstage incident" White referred to when discussing Miller's dismissal at the UFC 146 post-fight press conference.
"It was my mask," Miller said. "Burt suddenly started yelling about my mask. I had a gas mask for the troops underneath my paper bag, and Burt started telling me right as I'm walking out for the fight. I'm trying to get focused instead of arguing about a paper bag. Maybe it was my fault for, I don't know, I thought we had an understanding once I start walking out to the cage that now I'm working, but obviously we're not on a playing field of mutual respect."
He is referring to UFC backstage director and jack of all trades Burt Watson. UFC events being the well-run events they are has much to do with Watson and the respect fighters afford him. If there is just one rule that supersedes every other in the UFC, it's listen to Burt. Fighters, employees, media and anyone doing business with the UFC knows this. Whether Miller is right or wrong is not important.

Now, Miller will have both the time and freedom to figure out his next move. He tweeted on Tuesday:
Don't worry. I'm not dead. Just analyzing it all so I can share my human experience with you.
Though his next move won't be in a cage, it will still be interesting to see what Miller does with his post-fighting life

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%