Jason Kidd To Bucks, Larry Drew Fired

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's a 2015 2nd pick away from being head of the Bucks. lmao i can't help but to laugh at this.

CustomCoversU

Reaction score
it had to be a money and control thing. who the hell would leave BKN to go to Milwaukee, lets be honest. The only argument that goes in Milwaukees way would be that they have more young, up and coming talent.  

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Or, that the billionaire who gave up his entire team's assets, wasn't too thrilled at the terrible job Kidd did,

Mobruler

Wolves
Reaction score
vnardella5 said:
it had to be a money and control thing. who the hell would leave BKN to go to Milwaukee, lets be honest. The only argument that goes in Milwaukees way would be that they have more young, up and coming talent.  

Trying to coach your peers can't be a fun situation.  I mean, you're a 41 year old coach trying to coach future hall of famers who are less than five years younger than you.  We all knew it wasn't a fit last off season for that very reason and Kidd probably had a very uncomfortable year there.

It's like when your friend starts dating a girl who you know is a huge slut and you're like "no you shouldn't do it, no you shouldn't do it" and then she gets nailed by the mailman six months later and you're like "yeah, I told you that you shouldn't do it".

CustomCoversU

Reaction score
Mobruler said:

Trying to coach your peers can't be a fun situation.  I mean, you're a 41 year old coach trying to coach future hall of famers who are less than five years younger than you.  We all knew it wasn't a fit last off season for that very reason and Kidd probably had a very uncomfortable year there.

It's like when your friend starts dating a girl who you know is a huge slut and you're like "no you shouldn't do it, no you shouldn't do it" and then she gets nailed by the mailman six months later and you're like "yeah, I told you that you shouldn't do it".
i can see that..im viewing from a success viewpoint

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
this is honestly a better situation to showcase his coaching skills. the young guys on this team looked up to kidd. theyll likely listen better.

Mobruler

Wolves
Reaction score
vnardella5 said:
i can see that..im viewing from a success viewpoint

Well I'm sure he'll have a long leash and the Bucks did just draft an incredible 19 year old talent.

In Brooklyn, he must have seen the guillotine hanging over his head in a situation where he had to coach those players, for that owner, in front of those fans.

There's a saying in the trucking industry: If you feel you might get fired by your employer, fire your employer first.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mobruler said:

Well I'm sure he'll have a long leash and the Bucks did just draft an incredible 19 year old talent.

In Brooklyn, he must have seen the guillotine hanging over his head in a situation where he had to coach those players, for that owner, in front of those fans.

There's a saying in the trucking industry: If you feel you might get fired by your employer, fire your employer first.

so... quit?

Mobruler

Wolves
Reaction score
Pepe Silvia said:

so... quit?

Well it's better to quit than to be fired.

Look, I'm not a Jason Kidd fan at all.  The guy is a douchebag and a wife beater.  He never should have gotten that job in the first place.  This also isn't his first or second time running away from a situation and forcing himself of off a team.

I was just trying to point out why this move is probably a good thing for Kidd, as dishonorable as it may be.

CustomCoversU

Reaction score
i would be pissed if i was Larry Drew..i heard that him and like the GM heard about the beginning of the news on ESPN Sportscenter lol

Mobruler

Wolves
Reaction score
vnardella5 said:
i would be pissed if i was Larry Drew..i heard that him and like the GM heard about the beginning of the news on ESPN Sportscenter lol

This happens all the time in sports.  Ian Kinsler found out he was traded to Detroit from his Twitter followers.

It's a two way street though.  A 29 year old Barry Sanders let the Lions know he was retiring just a couple days before training camp opened by faxing a letter to a newspaper in Wichita.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
1 year on the job and already successfully orchestrated a coup in Milwaukee.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What if the Bucks didn't fire Larry Drew?

Mobruler

Wolves
Reaction score
elcheato said:
What if the Bucks didn't fire Larry Drew?

Kidd, his beaten wife and his alien son would have to sell nachos in the stand by section 118.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It'd be first come first serve. Whoever shows up at the gate first coaches the team that night

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well this is weird.

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I know the reason now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%