Jason Kidd Says Rajon Rondo Is The Best Point Guard In The NBA (According to Jason Terry)

Mr.Baller

Reaction score
Veteran point guard Jason Kidd has no doubt that Rajon Rondo is the best point guard in the NBA: Jason Kidd thinks Rajon Rondo is the league’s premier point guard — this according to Rondo’s new teammate, Jason Terry.

“Jason Kidd gave him the greatest compliment I’ve ever heard from a Hall of Famer that’s still playing,’’ Terry said. “He said, ‘There’s no question Rajon Rondo is the best point guard.“

‘Chris Paul is great. Deron Williams is great, but Rajon Rondo is the best point guard in the NBA.’’’Terry believes Rondo will weigh heavily on the success of the Celtics.“We’ve got the best point guard in the NBA to me in Rajon Rondo,’’ Terry said.

“Why? Because he plays both ends of the floor and he facilitates.“He gets everybody involved, but he can still go out and get his.’’

(Via 2daysports.com)

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
if he had a more dependable jumper id say he was. i just cant say that right now.

Mr.Baller

Reaction score
Exactly , if Rondo had a better jump shot I might see him being a top 3 but even then CP , D-Will and D-Rose are more complete then him ...

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
He thinks he's the best because he reminds him of himself

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
If Rondo can play like he did versus Miami, for the entire season, every game, I'd be willing to say he's the best PG since Kidd.

He's still Top 5

Amare

#swaggeronahudredthousandtrillion
Reaction score
He's true type PG that's why, he not a scorer like Rose,Westbrook etc.

lonesomefx

The Loud Mouth Pacer
Reaction score
i went to a basketball camp and howard garfinkel was there and he said there's no such thing as a point guard anymore despite him being the one to create that term. he said, "there's a POINTS guard and a LEAD guard". To be a points guard you have to be a scorer (obviously) and to be a lead guard, you have to make your teammates better, be a great passer and you need a jumpshot. Rondo fits the mold of a lead guard, but he still has no jumpshot. he's top five at his position imo, but he can't be the best.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think I'll have to disagree with Mr. Kidd.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Best true point guard, definitely great at making those around him better; then I'd still put Nash in the conversation too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%