Jared Sullinger leaning towards staying for Sophomore year?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sullinger Leaning Towards Staying At Ohio State For Sophomore Season?
Mar 22, 2011 12:47 PM EDT

Despite the prevailing thought that Jared Sullinger's first season Ohio State will also be his last before going to the NBA, his father James "Satch" Sullinger maintains that his son won't declare for the 2011 NBA Draft.

"Jared isn't ready to leave school quite yet," Satch said. "He's having too much fun."
Via FoxSportsOhio

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That would be a good decision IMO.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
No it wouldn't lol, he's a top 5 pick

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He'd get a lot better staying.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's a top 2 pick IMO lol.
Him or Irving will probably going #1.
Especially if Cleveland is 1 or 2.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
He'd get a lot better staying.
Not really, he's already one of the most fundamentally sound players in the country. Dominating college players without having anything to really work on won't help him.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's not a top 3 pick imo. I'd take Kyrie/Derrick Williams over him for sure...I'd look at Perry/Enes before him too. He's a top 10 lock though

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I also agree that he is ready. And his game is being a little underrated, because although he doesn't show it in college games (mainly because he doesn't need to), he is a good shooter and can step away from the basket. The only thing wrong with him is he is not an elite athlete, and bigger/more athletic guy might give him trouble. And he needs to keep his weight in check and stay conditioned well. But not many players in the NBA right now have the kind of foot work and post moves he has.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I mean would another year really hurt him...

He's probably a top 5 lock in that draft...his only comp would be Austin Rivers, Marquis Teague and Anthony Davis..

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score

He's probably a top 5 lock in that draft...his only comp would be Austin Rivers, Marquis Teague and Anthony Davis..
Every year you stay, scouts have more time to find question marks about you and more time to study, so his stock could fall, although I don't think it would.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score

Nobody knows that for sure, upperclassmen come out of nowhere and become top picks and then there are freshman better than they were supposed to be and freshman worse than they're supposed to be.

I just can't see him staying back unless he really wants that National Championship (if they lose) considering there is nothing that he needs to work on to improve his draft stock and he's already a top pick

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If conditioning and athleticism is his only issue, not going pro would be idiotic in my opinion.

Mooche

Reaction score
If conditioning and athleticism is his only issue, not going pro would be idiotic in my opinion.
And that's all I question him on.

This is a terrible idea if he decides to stay at Ohio State for one more year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%