Janoris Jenkins stays at UF

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

Semi-stunner: Janoris Jenkins decides to return to Gators
Based on at least one report, Janoris Jenkins had decided to take his leave of the Florida Gators and make his way to the big boy football level.

That report, as it turns out were incorrect. Or, more likely, the defensive back had a change of heart.

The school’s announced Monday morning that Jenkins has turned down an opportunity to make an early leap to the NFL and will instead return to Gainesville for another season.

“I spent some time with my family and Coach Muschamp and came to the conclusion it was in my best interest to return to school,” Jenkins said.

“I’m excited. I would have supported him in whatever decision he made, but I commend him for making a mature decision,” new head coach Will Muschamp said. “It would have been real easy for Janoris to make an emotional choice and leave early, but with our contacts in the NFL, we were able to assist him in understanding his draft status and he could make an educated decision.”

Jenkins played nearly the entire 2010 season with what turned out to be a torn labrum. The injury did cost Jenkins the opportunity to play in the Gators’ Outback Bowl win over Penn State.

-CFT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%