Jags sign Mike Thomas through 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Jaguars signed WR Mike Thomas to a three-year, $18 million contract extension through 2015.
The deal includes $9 million guaranteed. Thomas has emerged as the Jaguars' No. 1 receiver by default this season, leading the team in catches (20) and yards (212) through four games. Ideally, however, he's a secondary option on a quality passing team. The Jaguars will need to upgrade their receiver corps before this contract is up. Thomas was set to make just $565,000 in 2012, the final year of his rookie deal. He's now under contract through 2015.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I like Thomas, but 6M a year is a good bit for a guy that shouldn't be (and probably won't be for long) a #1 receiver.

Lance Moore is only making four a year and Devery Henderson is only making three a year.

I'd say that's a closer number for Thomas than six.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
I like Thomas, but 6M a year is a good bit for a guy that shouldn't be (and probably won't be for long) a #1 receiver.

Lance Moore is only making four a year and Devery Henderson is only making three a year.

I'd say that's a closer number for Thomas than six.
I'd probably agree.. Mike Thomas was probably asking for more since he is the Jags #1 FOR NOW.

Jags&Dawgs

Reaction score
I'd probably agree.. Mike Thomas was probably asking for more since he is the Jags #1 FOR NOW.
Wish Jason Hill would come on and be the # 2 WR and then we could be like Thunder & Lightening again (Keenan McCardel & Jimmy Smith.) But no body will be good as those guys!

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Wish Jason Hill would come on and be the # 2 WR and then we could be like Thunder & Lightening again (Keenan McCardel & Jimmy Smith.) But no body will be good as those guys!
Yeah.. Mike Thomas is dominant in the Slot.. he can be a #1 or #2 just is suffering from the QB changes ATM.

Whats killing this offense is all the god damn Quick Slants and Screens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%