Jackson to return to Lakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

V23

Team Save Us KB24
Reaction score
Just scrolled across the bottom line on ESPN.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Phil Jackson will return as head coach of the Lakers for the 10-11 season.

“Count me in,” said Jackson. “After a couple weeks of deliberation, it is time to get back to the challenge of putting together a team that can defend its title in the 2010-11 season. It’ll be the last stand for me, and I hope a grand one.”

Jackson, who most recently guided the Lakers to the 2010 NBA Championship, their second in a row, has won five titles as head coach of the Lakers. Overall, Jackson has guided his teams to eleven NBA Championships, the most of any coach in NBA history.

Via Press Release

Mooche

Reaction score
Wow, that is huge news for the Lakers. I actually wasn't sure this time around whether he would come back to the Lakers, or choose the path of retirement, but.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why not?

You have to go for the chance to 3peat.

Glad to see Phil back on board =)

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't see how this could of been such a hard decision for Phil. But then, he might of had personal reasons, besides that, after you win a championship, you have to coach the team again.

Mooche

Reaction score
Some people like to go out on top. That is a general mentality some coaches have, and if he was really thinking hard about calling it quits, this would have made sense. Obviously not the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%