Jackson critcizes Bulger's benching

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
"You just rewarded this man with a new contract last year, millions of dollars, and you bench him. Then if things do not work out with Trent, you go back. I don't like it at all, "I think there's a lot more people that could take the blame for this. I don't think it's fair that one person takes the blame."

The words of Rams' workhorse back Steven Jackson, to a St. Louis radio station on Thursday night.

When questioned about head coach Scott Linehan's decision to bench Marc Bulger in favor of Trent Green, Jackson told KLOU: "Benching Marc is the wrong decision and I'm not the only one who feels this way."

At 0-3, Jackson also said that being the Rams' locker room is like "walking on egg shells".

"We should be loose, we should be going out there playing football. But I think a lot of people right now are playing for their jobs."

"As far as fans listening, it's really hard to play for your jobs. We're not winning. Yes, it boils down to winning and losing in this business that we play in. But when you are playing not to lose your job, that is when you are not going to make plays."

When questioned about Jackson's comments, Scott Linehan told reporters that he had no comment and intended on speaking with Steven on the matter.

"To sit here and not make some decisions, which are hard decisions for a head coach, I would not be doing my job," said Linehan.

The Rams are clearly a train-wreck going into a Week 4 game versus the Bills. Unproductive on offense and just as bad on defense, Scott Linehan has now, clearly lost his locker room. Linehan's better players have been talking around the locker room and now they are beginning to speak out against his decisions.

The first sign of bad leadership is when those you lead begin to question your decision making. Linehan is definitely gone soon enough. I would actually be surprised if he made it to the end of the season. -AE

eLeMeNOhPe

Reaction score
The first sign of bad leadership is when those you lead begin to question your decision making. Linehan is definitely gone soon enough. I would actually be surprised if he made it to the end of the season.
i couldn't agree more with that. if they get blown out again this week, Linehan will be gone.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Linehan and the poor OL are to blame, not Bulger. Also, Holt is old.

maybe go get Millen if you thing Bulger is to blame

K.G

Reaction score
Linehan is stupid, i hated him as a hiring of headcoach. Im glad the frnot office wasted 3 years of the franchise's life to realize it. Time to change stuff up next year, we need an agreesive Defensive minded coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%