Is he good or bad for the NBA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Is Mark Cuban good or bad for the NBA? And why?

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
People may not like him, but I think it's good in a way, I mean how many owners in anysport walk in the game looking like the average Joe (Like AE said), You know It seems like he maybe cares a little to much but in a way I believe it's good.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Good for the fans, but he is a disgrace to the NBA in my opinion.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's good, but his attitude needs to be changed..

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Both.

It's refreshing to see a owner like him, jeans and a tshirt type of thing. But on the other hand, the way he conducts himself at times is pathetic and a disgrace to the NBA.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Good to see he cares yea. But dude goes over the line but i guess we all do it at the same time. But i imagine if i owned a franchise i would be like marc.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Another question, would you act in the same respect if you were an owner like Cuban?

Like would you sit next to the team and yell when bad calls are made?

Crunkbuc4d1

Reaction score
He used to be great for the league. It was nice to see an owner who cared about his players personally. He wanted them to have the best training and recreational equipment. Players wanted to play in Dallas because of him. But somewhere along the way he turned into just another owner. then ultimately a tyrant owner with a fan mentality.

jcrusick

Reaction score
It's good to see an owner who cares a lot about their team, but I feel that Cuban tends to cross the line when it comes to the way he reacts. Running onto the court after a loss, yelling at refs, pushing camera men, calling players names, just isn't the way an owner should act. It's not professional.

Crunkbuc4d1

Reaction score
It's good to see an owner who cares a lot about their team, but I feel that Cuban tends to cross the line when it comes to the way he reacts. Running onto the court after a loss, yelling at refs, pushing camera men, calling players names, just isn't the way an owner should act. It's not professional.
I agree...and you have to wonder if it rubs players the wrong way.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
In a day where everybody is going for broke, Mark Cuban is worth $1.5 billion. I don't care how many cameramen he pushes, anybody worth that kind of money isn't a bad thing for anybody.

I am sick of his gimmick, I think he has made some of the dumbest personnel moves but the guy could single-handedly bail out any sports franchise right now if he had to.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
In a day where everybody is going for broke, Mark Cuban is worth $1.5 billion. I don't care how many cameramen he pushes, anybody worth that kind of money isn't a bad thing for anybody.

I am sick of his gimmick, I think he has made some of the dumbest personnel moves but the guy could single-handedly bail out any sports franchise right now if he had to.
George Steinbrenner?

Lake Louise

Reaction score
It`s a little bit of both.

Yes, I do enjoy seeing his passion and his intensity when it comes to the games, he just tends to take it too far sometimes.

RB!

Reaction score
I really have no problem with Cuban. I agree with what many of you guys said about the t-shirt and jeans look when he's watching the games. His conduct may be (actually probably is) problematic. For instance, the case where he told Kenyon Martin's mother that he was a thug was way too far, but I'm not sure if he even said that. Does anyone know, because I find it hard to believe that even Cuban would say that face-to-face with someone. He's got grapefruits, I just didn't know they were that big, lol.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
as does al davis

but what have you done for me lately?

Crunkbuc4d1

Reaction score
But what have Cuban's teams ever done besides have their hearts ripped out by D-Wade?

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yankees and Mavs have the same amount of championships since Mark Cuban bought the team. And Mavs might choke, but we never blew a 3-0 lead in a series with the highest payroll in the NBA the last 10 years

VC15

Reaction score
Yankees and Mavs have the same amount of championships since Mark Cuban bought the team. And Mavs might choke, but we never blew a 3-0 lead in a series with the highest payroll in the NBA the last 10 years
But George Steinbrenner is a winner and has multiple championship rings, something Cuban can't say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%