Is Francona Going to Be Boston's Manager Next Year?

Reaction score
There have been multiple rumors stating that either the Red Sox will ask him to step down, or he will do it himself. Personally, I find those rumors false and retarded, but that being said, I'm interested to hear other people's opinions. There will be a shake up in Boston. Is the manager one of them?

Thoughts?

Lake Louise

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised, but that doesn't mean I don't think it's idiotic. Although, it's hard for them to make a case to keep a guy who had a team have the biggest collapse in the month of September. That wouldn't make fans too happy. At the same time, Tigers had a big collapse and Leyland is still around. Just depends on the club, but after those 2 WS Boston has changed their mindset that they are a potential WS winning club each and every year. When teams have that mindset change, having something like this happen, tends to make them want to switch things up.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
All I gotta say is wow.
Such a dumb decision.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm very disappointed. Say what you what about him being lenient but Tito was a good fit here and got a raw deal these last couple months. This collapse is in no way his fault and he shouldn't be held accountable. I would have rather seen neither go but if I had to pick the blame it would go to Theo. They're not gonna let him leave though, they'd want him to clean up his mess (and I assume he wants to as well). So Tito ends up leaving.

Stupid.

Barcode

Reaction score
Gone. I like Tito, but Boston is a grinder and after 8 seasons, he's probably had enough.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
The blame is to the players, not Theo or Tito

As Jackie Mac said yesterday on ATH, we have turned into the Yankees. We don't have the energy like we did in 2004; all we do is add payroll. I think that was spot on right. We have become the ones we hated

Barcode

Reaction score
Agree that the blame is on the players. The tipping point was that there was not an announcement to bring back Tito in 12.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score

As Jackie Mac said yesterday on ATH, we have turned into the Yankees. We don't have the energy like we did in 2004; all we do is add payroll. I think that was spot on right. We have become the ones we hated
If you can't beat us, join us.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score

That didn't just happen overnight.. It's been that way for a few years now.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What do you mean? You're saying that they didn't home grow their WS rosters? You mean they bought Curt Schilling, Johnny Damon, Manny, Ortiz, etc? :p

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Well, that really sucks for Francona, he is a really good manager and I have a lot of respect for him. It's safe to say that he won't be unemployed for very long...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%