Is Carson Palmer a Future HOFer?

Foreman

Detroit Vs. Everybody
Reaction score
Before the Thursday night game, over his career he has a 62.7 completion percentage, just under 40,000 passing yards, over 250 passing TDs, and an 87.9 QBR.

Once his career is over, do you think he is a HOFer or will he come up short? Does he need to win a ring or MVP to make himself a HOFer?

Discuss.

cavsfan817

You trying to get the pipe?
Reaction score
I believe a ring would solidify him as a Hall of Famer. He's one of those weird cases where he has pretty good numbers, but he has never been thought of as a primetime top 5 QB in the league. He might be one that quietly slides in the HoF with just enough votes based on numbers and a solid career as one of the better (but not best) QBs in the league.

Foreman

Detroit Vs. Everybody
Reaction score
Other QBs have gotten in with worse career stats and no rings so I think it's possible. I've just never viewed him as a HOF level quarterback

Bugsy

Reaction score
Depends on what you're asking. Do I think he will make it in or do I think he deserves it?

CP3MVP

#OrlandoStrong
Reaction score
Carson low key one of the most underrated QBs I've ever seen.

cavsfan817

Reaction score
CP3MVP said:
Carson low key one of the most underrated QBs I've ever seen.
Probably pretty accurate. Always one of those guys that was solid/good but never got accolades.

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
Very interesting topic

I don't think that he is, but if the Cardinals do win the Super Bowl in the next fiew years, his case becomes a lot stronger. I think there have been too many elite QBs during this era. I've never seen someone rank Palmer as one of the top 5 QBs in the NFL at any point in the past decade or so. I don't think you can make the HOF if you've never been elite during your career, despite your statistics.

That being said, he's had a great career and I would enjoy watching the Cardinals win every game they play in the playoffs not vs Green Bay

cavsfan817

Reaction score
Palmer has FAR SUPERIOR numbers than the following QBs in the hall:

Joe Namath
Troy Aikmen
Bob Griese
Y.A. Tittle
Terry Bradshaw
Dan Fouts
Warren Moon

etc. etc. I realize that Super Bowls are another factor not taken into account, but from a numbers standpoint he's in.

Bugsy

Reaction score
I don't believe he deserves it, however, if Namath is in then Palmer should get in as well.

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
cavsfan817 said:
Palmer has FAR SUPERIOR numbers than the following QBs in the hall:

Joe Namath
Troy Aikmen
Bob Griese
Y.A. Tittle
Terry Bradshaw
Dan Fouts
Warren Moon

etc. etc. I realize that Super Bowls are another factor not taken into account, but from a numbers standpoint he's in.
Different eras man

I bet Matthew Stafford will have better numbers than half of those guys by the time he retires also

Bugsy

Reaction score
JZSportswhiz said:
Different eras man

I bet Matthew Stafford will have better numbers than half of those guys by the time he retires also
Though I agree with the different eras aspect, IMO, Fouts and Namath don't belong anywhere near the HoF.

RunSoHard

Reaction score
Was listening to a sports talk radio show the other day and they were saying Philip Rivers is a HOFer. If Rivers is a HOFer, sign Palmer up.

MattMac124

Reaction score
Bugsy said:
Though I agree with the different eras aspect, IMO, Fouts and Namath don't belong anywhere near the HoF.
Namath in there more because what he did for the league than his numbers, fair or not.

Bugsy

Reaction score
MattMac124 said:
Namath in there more because what he did for the league than his numbers, fair or not.
He didn't do anything for the league. He made a prediction. That's not nearly enough to be a HoF imo. Paired with his atrocious numbers and I see no valid reason he should be in there. His numbers aren't even mediocre, they're just bad.

RunSoHard

Reaction score
Bugsy said:
He didn't do anything for the league. He made a prediction. That's not nearly enough to be a HoF imo. Paired with his atrocious numbers and I see no valid reason he should be in there. His numbers aren't even mediocre, they're just bad.
But do you have a HOF vote?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%