Indians complete trade for Jim Thome

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/6896481/jim-thome-agrees-play-cleveland-indians-sources-say

CLEVELAND -- Jim Thome has accepted a trade to the Cleveland Indians from the Minnesota Twins.

The Indians are hoping their career leader in home runs can help them catch first-place Detroit in the AL Central.

Thome spent 12 seasons with Cleveland from 1991-2002, hitting a team-record 334 homers. He hit 52 in his final year before signing as a free agent with Philadelphia, a decision that angered many Indians fans.
<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xzhj2ev0Xwo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
x1

Those were my thoughts and that "Well, at least we have a few more games until we face him again, instead of this series." lol
Lmao no shit. At least it didn't happen after the Twins series.

Reaction score
Great move for Cleveland. Thome will bring some power, and is a great designated hitter. If they use him as a DH, I think they have a big addition to this lineup. Good move.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I guess that's an added plus to have him back lol. It's just great to have Thome back in Cleveland regardless of what happens the rest of the year.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
THey actually really need the extra bat. Haffner out for season and Brantley went on DL just now, which I'm sure they knew was likely to happen.

It may not be the best addition, but it's something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%