Ihedigbo Hopes to Sign in Detroit

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- James Ihedigbo left the Detroit Lions facility Thursday without a contract, but told reporters he would like to sign with the team soon.

Ihedigbo
"That's the plan in hand," Ihedigbo told the Detroit News as he was leaving the building Thursday.

The Detroit Free Press is reporting part of the issue for Ihedigbo is his representation.

Ihedigbo, who would come into Detroit as a strong candidate to start at safety opposite Glover Quin, had 99 tackles and three interceptions last season. He is the first safety the Lions have targeted for a visit in free agency, although they have expressed interest in former Miami safety Chris Clemons and were reportedly interested in T.J. Ward, who signed with Denver.

Ihedigbo played the past two seasons in Baltimore under new Lions defensive coordinator Teryl Austin.

The Lions are searching for a replacement for Louis Delmas, whom the team released in February. Delmas then signed with Miami earlier this week.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I would be lieing if I said if I have any idea who that is. The fact that he's 30 makes it more shocking.

Mobruler

Wolves
Reaction score
Name is familiar and sounds nice because of the Super Bowl teams he started for, but I really have no idea how good or bad he is.  If he can be decent and provide more structure than Delmas' crazy, volatile ass did, then I'm okay with it.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i have no idea how to say his name

baltimore_boy

Reaction score
He's not a bad player. The Ravens couldn't keep him because he was basically the same player as Elam. He is a hard hitter that can stop the run. Can't do much against the pass. He's also a solid special teamer I think. He's a solid player though and should be good for them.

His name is pronounced ee-head-ih-bow I think. I'm not sure if that spelling makes any sense, but I took a shot. It's basically said how it's spelled just that the second g is silent.

Mobruler

Wolves
Reaction score
Well even that makes me like him more than Louis Delmas.  The best traits of Delmas were trying to launch himself in Bob Sanders missile-like fashion and talking mad shit to people.

Ihedigbo being able to beat out a 1st rounder in Matt Elam for a starting spot and being good enough to start on some Super Bowl teams makes me like him.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He and Elam played a similar number of snaps. I guess they both started at safety? Glancing at PFF he seems to be exactly what baltimore_boy said he was, good against the run but poor against the pass.

baltimore_boy

Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
He and Elam played a similar number of snaps. I guess they both started at safety? Glancing at PFF he seems to be exactly what baltimore_boy said he was, good against the run but poor against the pass.

Yeah. After they cut Huff, him and Elam started next to each other. They are basically the same player, so the Ravens went with the youth. He's a solid and underrated player.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
what would be a solid contract for him? although i want to venture and say he doesn't sound like our exact need, but hes not a guy id be pissed about signing.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He had a pretty good year last year. Hopefully they get him signed and he produces similarly to last season.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He signed. You guys way behind!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%