I remember when we used to be relevant...

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This is just a long rant from a disgrutnled fan. I am too frustrated to constructively put my thoughts together, so forgive me if I begin to ramble on here...

This was supposed to be our year. Maybe not a national title year, but a BCS caliber year before the big 2011 we were supposed to have. We pulled in big time recruiting classes, and the bulk of those kids are now upperclassmen...they shouldn't be making the same goddamn mental mistakes they were making as freshmen. We have regressed with seemingly a BETTER team than we had last year. We just ****ing lost to South Florida. South Florida...I'm not even going to try to pretend like they are a quality opponent because they aren't. They are supposed to be the in-state doormat that we walk all over every year. We also lose to Virginia? Really? The same Virginia team whose only wins are against Richmond, VMI and Eastern Michigan this season.

It makes me wonder if the talent was ever really there to begin with. We all know how highly touted most of these guys were coming out of high school, but are they just overrated, or do you place the blame on the coaching staff? Trust me, I am an avid supporter of the Fire Shannon movement, but you just can't place sole blame on coaching and coaching alone. The players are the ones out there committing 12-15 penalties a game, the players are attempting to tackle like school girls, the players are dropping passes, turning the ball over and so on and so forth...but I suppose you could also say that the players were recruited by the coaches, and that then leads back to the other side of the argument. So I guess it's a combination of both, but Shannon needs to be shown the door immediately. There is no excuse for this. I'm sure he will have a nice excuse lined up to try to explain this abomination, but he can shove that excuse right back up his ***.

I mean this coaching staff can't even figure out simple things...things that the FANS are calling pre-play. Why does Morris have such a short leash? He was pulled after one interception. If Jacory was held to the same standard, he wouldn't finish the first quarter all season. At the end of regulation today, what the **** were they doing throwing the ball downfield? We were in Field Goal range. Just run the ball, pick up a few yards, call time out and kick the field goal. It's really not difficult at all. You could say it's easy to call that in hindsight, but it's not ****ing rocket science.

I also fail to understand how Jacory is STILL so careless with the football. He's making throws that a middle school quarterback makes. How can you not learn from your countless mistakes? I don't know...I guess I'm gonna end this rant now to collect myself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%