Hornets Rethinking New Orleans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
While Oklahoma City has its arms open to the Sonics if owner Clay Bennett gets his relocation wish, that avenue could be filled before the pending KeyArena court case settles should the NBA determine New Orleans isn't working as a viable home for the Hornets. Given that Oklahoma City hosted the Hornets for most of the past two years in the Hurricane Katrina aftermath, it's conceivable New Orleans owner George Shinn could boomerang his way back into the Ford Center, thus blocking a Sonics flight. That scenario is bolstered by the lack of buzz surrounding the Hornets' return to the Big Easy, where a league-low 11,478 attendance average has raised eyebrows for a team off to an otherwise-successful 15-10 start.
Fannation

Josh10_10

The Realist Baller
Reaction score
Aren't we supposed to keep news topics in the NBA section? I thought these were just for Roll Calls and Game Day threads? Admin, G-Mod, Mod, Help!

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Aren't we supposed to keep news topics in the NBA section? I thought these were just for Roll Calls and Game Day threads? Admin, G-Mod, Mod, Help!
This can be here or in the NBA section.
But I think they should move from The Big Easy I mean they have no fans there anymore.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Oh, sorry. I didnt know that....

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
All these teams need to figure out where there going jeez, Seattle wants to move, New Jersey is most likely moving, now New Oreans?

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I believe that both the Sonics and Hornets would be sorry if they took off and moved to Oklahoma. People in Oklahoma were so excited to have a pro team, they filled that arena for every Hornet game they had. They will continue to petition for their NBA team....but I think we would all agree that once they get one, they will take it for granted. Once the novelty wares off, people won't be packing the arena to watch the OKC Hornets or OKC Sonics...whatever.

There's more money in Seattle than there is Oklahoma City. Seattle's problem is that nobody is interested in the Sonics b/c they haven't won in so many years. New Orleans is still rebuilding and once that is complete, it will still be a better location than Oklahoma City.

Not sure about the Nets to Brooklyn though. I can't see where the money for that transformation would come from? Anybody as familiar with Brooklyn as I am? If not, if you saw the neighborhood they want to build a new arena for the Nets in...you would sh*t. Very poor area.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Not sure about the Nets to Brooklyn though. I can't see where the money for that transformation would come from? Anybody as familiar with Brooklyn as I am? If not, if you saw the neighborhood they want to build a new arena for the Nets in...you would sh*t. Very poor area.
Brooklyn is JayZ's home town and he owns the Nets.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jay Z owns the Nets???? :eek:

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Brooklyn is JayZ's home town and he owns the Nets.
Jay Z is a member of the group, headed by real estate developer Bruce Ratner, that owns the Nets. Just because Jay Z's hometown is Brooklyn, doesn't mean the Nets are moving there. Besides, I never posed the question: "why?" I know why the Nets want to move to Brooklyn but it's not that easy.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Next in line to be heading on the move is Sacramento....

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd rather have the Hornets in Oklahoma City, not only cause that means that Clay Bennett won't get his selfish wish, but the fan base they had in Oklahoma was just really good compared to how it is in New Orleans.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, but that was cuz they wanted a team so bad. After they are there for a couple years, I dont think it will be much better than NO.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, but that was cuz they wanted a team so bad. After they are there for a couple years, I dont think it will be much better than NO.
Yea that probably true, but also take in to effect that New Orleans is still a dump.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, I hope they stay. The city still neds these teams for something to hold on to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%