Home page

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Im not sure if this has been brought up, but I was wondering if the administrators of the site have been considering the idea of creating a homepage for Sportz Insomnia.

I think it would be a great idea, great promotion of the site, would make it look more professional etc. You could have articles posted up (good way of attracting members to the article team) as wel las articles from the sim leagues.
You could have forum statistics, this day in sports history, etc. Just an idea and was looking for some feedback.
Im still learnin the tricks of the trade, but I might start working on something soon during school as a possible homepage. I suck at it, but am willing to put in time for a noble cause.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We had sort of a "task force" on it before but nothing happened with that.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We were getting one going along with a Cut gallery but I really have no clue what happened to the idea or how far they got withy it.

allSPORT STARR

Reaction score
We were getting one going along with a Cut gallery but I really have no clue what happened to the idea or how far they got withy it.
Who is they? I am willing to do some photoshop/html work if needed.

vikesfan

Reaction score
my buddy who has been doing most of the coding, just recently had a baby. He's been really busy, but he says he is still working on it. Should be done soon, although I said that a couple months ago too lol

allSPORT STARR

Reaction score
my buddy who has been doing most of the coding, just recently had a baby. He's been really busy, but he says he is still working on it. Should be done soon, although I said that a couple months ago too lol
Ah. I'd be willing to do some article writing either way.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
vikes was workin on cut gallery -- Sheed was heading up Home page --- glad to see maybe Allsport Starr could help with it

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Who is they? I am willing to do some photoshop/html work if needed.
Some of the gfx crew here, talk to Jarrod he could get you to help too.

Vikes, if I had a kid this computer shiit would be on hold too. So really I can't blame him. But just out of curiosity how long does it take to code?

vikesfan

Reaction score
Some of the gfx crew here, talk to Jarrod he could get you to help too.

Vikes, if I had a kid this computer shiit would be on hold too. So really I can't blame him. But just out of curiosity how long does it take to code?
If I knew I'd probably be the one doing it lol

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
same here -- Sheed uses Dreamweaver, but is having CPU issues at the moment..

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
and to answer your question GM07 -- any help and/or example are helpful... all can be incorporated into a final edit when everyone is raring to go

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Ya allsport you should definitely try out for the article team.
We (me) are (am) looking for new members.

And ya, Dreamweaver is a great program to use for creating web pages, I've been experimenting with it for a while now.
If familiar with the codework, how to use html and such, it wouldnt take more than a few weeks at most.
Im not familiar with it, so when I use it rather than just typing in code i apply the images etc. and it writes up the code for me. It works for me but thats for a simple thing. For a more difficult task like a website for our forum, it would require a lot of knowledge with coding, which I'm sure he's familiar with. It really all depends on what he wants to add to the page, and how he wants to add it. Like what features it would possess, and the level it would be on graphic wise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%