Help me pick a favorite team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conroy

Reaction score
I recently started following baseball seriously the past few seasons mainly due to fantasy baseball. I can get behind my players but I need a team to actually call my own. The Reds are closest to me but due to Bengals fans I can never cheer for anything involving Cincinatti (no offense but the fans I know are beyond obnoxious).

I've been liking what the Orioles are doing but still can't quite get behind them. my favorite pitcher is David Price, watched him pitch live in college a few times and he was unreal, but I can't get behind the rays for one player who plays every 5 games or so...any suggestions?

Fuhgeddaboudit

Reaction score
The Yankees don't need anymore fans LOL.

I'm not a baseball fan, but I always thought the Dodgers were cool. Brooklyn DAHGERS.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Nationals have the brightest young hitter and pitcher in the MLB. I'd go with them.

Conroy

Reaction score
Red Sox and Yankees are out for reasons stated above. I'm a longtime hornets (now pelicans) fan and started rooting for the Saints when they moved to New Orleans. I still get ridiclued for being a bandwagon fan even though I cheered for Aaron Brooks for at least 2 seasons. So that's my biggest fear with picking a baseball team. I like that the Nationals are young and the Tigers have Cabrerra, Fielder, and Verlander, but don't want to take a favorite to win their division. I keep going back to the O's.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Jays aren't a bad pick though. Canada's only team and they are usually exciting to watch.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They've actually been brutal to watch this season. Hopefully their bats start to wake up in a couple of games.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
In the past they've been enjoyable. Brett Lawrie is always entertaining to say the least.

JonSnow

Reaction score
Root for the Pirates, they're a loveable underdog, Andrew McCutchen is also a really fun player to watch

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Can't go wrong with the Orioles imo. Plus their stadium is hellacool. Rays are a good option too. A lot of young players, a damn good coach, they're always in the playoff mix but never a favorite to win it all at the beginning of the year. 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If you don't want a division favorite, then I'd go with the Rockies or Athletics. Even though the Rockies are poorly run they still have Tulo and Cargo, one of the most exciting duos in the MLB.

Athletics are very well run, have a direction and a pretty good roster.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Cubs are pretty great.  They also have a rich history of winning.  Can't  go wrong.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Giantmetfan07 said:
Can't go wrong with the Orioles imo. Plus their stadium is hellacool. Rays are a good option too. A lot of young players, a damn good coach, they're always in the playoff mix but never a favorite to win it all at the beginning of the year. 
They also have the best gm in the league.

Conroy

Reaction score
Giantmetfan07 said:

That surprises me about their stadium what's cool about it? After The Wire the thought of visiting Baltimore falls under the category of frightening.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Conroy said:
That surprises me about their stadium what's cool about it? After The Wire the thought of visiting Baltimore falls under the category of frightening.

Part of the stands in RF are built from an old warehouse. Inside there is like access to club seating, the inside is completely air conditioned where there's different food shops, etc. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%