Heisman Preview.

Mooche

Reaction score
A quick preview written by myself on who I feel is early in the running for the prestigious Heisman trophy next season.

1. Mark Ingram - Alabama - RB

A possible repeat for the stud back out of Alabama? It is definitely a possibility. Ingram who has drawn eerie comparisons to the likes of the great Florida tailback Emmit Smith, is back and ready to seek vengeance on the SEC next season. He is the key that makes the Alabama offense truly go, each game you don't see a snap from this guy where he isn't giving it his all. I look for him to be a critical piece for the Tide in 2010-11 as they look to not only hunt again for their second title in two years, but as Ingram looks to continue his chase for the second Heisman in his cabinet.

2. Terrelle Pryor - Ohio State - QB

One of the most sought after recruits coming out of school in Pennsylvania in recent time, Pryor is poised and set to lead a Buckeye team who has a full arsenal of weapons. He returns to a team who looks to put the past woes of disappointment in big games behind them and start to get back on track for the Buckeyes. This truly is the year for Pryor to set his name in stone as one of the premier players in college football. Being the dual threat quarterback that he is, he must use his arm and legs to be successful and put up the numbers in the big games for the Buckeyes, including a match-up set against the Hurricanes of Miami.

3. A.J Green - Georgia - WR

Many college football fans are going to look at this selection and scratch their heads a bit. The truth is, this guy has all the talent and athletic ability to simply take over games for the Bulldogs. Green posted a number of 53 catches last season, and I look for that amount to climb significantly and a lot more passes to be chucked his way. Many are touting him as the possible next Randy Moss, while I am not yet ready to make that comparison, I fully understand the strides this young man is going to make next season.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
For a while last year Jacory Harris played well enough to be mentioned for Heisman, would be nice to see him take the reigns and become one of the front runners.

Now is the time for him to become of of the elite QB's in College, we have the weapons neccessary, even though we lost alot to the draft.

But hopefully he shows better decision making and put on a few pounds, if so, we could get a bid in a BCS bowl

Mooche

Reaction score
I really like Harris. I think that as well as Pryor, this is truly his year to prove himself and like you said Dez, put himself among the elite. Losing Baby-J to the NFL is going to be a tough loss, but I still am a huge fan of Graig Cooper. Harris just needs to get a bit better at reading the defense and progressing through his reads, but he definitely has all the physical tools to succeed.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yessir, I love Coop, hopefully he can come back and be as explosive as he was before but I doubt it, and you hit it on the head about reading the defense.

Mooche

Reaction score
Yessir, I love Coop, hopefully he can come back and be as explosive as he was before but I doubt it, and you hit it on the head about reading the defense.
Hey, he might no return back to full form, but he could still be a damn good piece in the Hurricane offense. Glad to see we are both in agreement about the mental side of the game. That comes in time though, he has a lot of time to progress in that side of the game. I mean he is only twenty one years old, jeez. I really hope that Miami can turn the corner and get back to the successful days where they would just romp teams, I loved seeing that.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Miami vs Ohio State is gonna be a big game not only for potential BCS bids but for the heisman race with both Harris and Pryor. They could make a huge name for themselves in that game and become a heisman front runner.

TTN2810

Reaction score
You're forgetting Kellen Moore. He was the best QB in the Nation last year, at least statistically, and if he can lead the Broncos to another undefeated season, he will definitely get some votes, and if they win the NC, IMO he's a lock.

Mooche

Reaction score
Of course Kellen Moore is up there. Boise is going to be a force, I mean, I heard they have like 21 of 22 starters returning. (The exception being Kyle Wilson of the Jets now). Moore will produce like he always does, but it will be interesting to see how much damage they can do on the National scale.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Well we'll find out in Week 1. They play Virginia Tech. Kinda like they played Oregon game 1 last year. And we all remember what they did to Oregon lol.

Mooche

Reaction score
Very unlikely Washington competes for anything, so he will probably be looked past when it comes to the Heisman.
Exactly. I love Jake Locker, great QB and I believe he made the right move staying in Washington to get another year of experience under his belt since he was raw. With that said, he doesn't have the weapons around him with the Huskies to make a full-out attack for the Heisman. We'll see.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Well if the Heisman actually went to the best player, it should be Locker.

But sadly, the Heisman is given to the best player on the best team, so my guess is whoever wins the NC, their best player will get it.

Last year it was Ingram, a few years ago it was Tebow, etc.

If it's not the best team it's a runner up, like Troy Smith, Reggie Bush etc.
It's not really fair IMO.

Mooche

Reaction score
Christian Ponder is going to be one hell of a QB. I love that guy. He is a smart QB, he's accurate and overall he just consistently gets better. I think he is going to be a damn good QB at the next level as well because he most certainly has the smarts to get by and understand schemes. Again, like .titan said, it comes down to team around you as well most of the time and I don't see FSU being a powerhouse.

JoshHoward5

LONG LIVE THE CHARIOT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
To be honest, I don't see him winning, and him even going is kinda a long shot, but he's from my high school. So I'm putting him in there.

Mooche

Reaction score
To be honest, I don't see him winning, and him even going is kinda a long shot, but he's from my high school. So I'm putting him in there.
Really? That is badass. He has a nice future ahead of him for sure.

TTN2810

Reaction score
I love Ponder too. He will have a Heisman level season, like Locker, bur will most likely not be awarded the honer.
BTW I hope FSU wears their Pro Combat unis alot this year. Those things are some of the best unis I've ever seen.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hopefully we CRACK his ass this year for the near heart attack he gave me last

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%