Heat & Spurs front-runners for Greg Oden

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Now anyone whos checked ESPN out today knows about Oden is looking at the Heat or the Spurs. Now I am know Heat fan and absolutely hate that team but enjoy Pat Riley's personal moves. Im sitting here thinking about the Heat and what they need to 3-peat and honestly think if they sign Greg Oden, they could potentially add a legit top center since the NBA lacks formidable big men with the post moves Oden has. He's only 25, with serious injuries but I think you could get 8 good years out of him now and from what DeShaun Thomas said he looked excellent this off-season. Anyone else fear the Heat if Oden is healthy? I think they honestly could take the league by storm next year.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He still had radioactive knees that can give out at any time, he most likely had lost most of his athleticism, I doubt he improved his shooting range and he had a drinking problem.

Even if healthy, he'll probably just be a role player, which is fine for the Heat. But a top center? No

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
elcheato said:
He still had radioactive knees that can give out at any time, he most likely had lost most of his athleticism, I doubt he improved his shooting range and he had a drinking problem.

Even if healthy, he'll probably just be a role player, which is fine for the Heat. But a top center? No

I think he can prove his worth... Im sure hell turn heads if hes healthy

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
hes still going to be a good defensive role player.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
of he goes miami his role will be bigger but that may cause issues. gives him the best shot at a ring.

san an is his best place, imo

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Can't wait for a nice Oden-Bynum matchup

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's a real possibility, there is no actual basis for the Heat and Spurs being the front runners, the media is just saying that because they are the Heat and Spurs. Oden hasn't narrowed down the field at all. Heat, Spurs, Pels, Mavs, Hawks, and Kings. Maybe he does go to the Heat or Spurs, but right now there isn't any "front runners."

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
How would you know if he narrowed down his choice or not?

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well for one, I trust sources like the Stein's, Woj, etc. And two, if he had narrowed it down to the Heat and Spurs I don't think he would be meeting with other teams, working out for them, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%