Haynesworth can become unrestricted free agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everything Turns To Nothing .
Reaction score
ESPN.com said:
Tuesday's recognition of Albert Haynesworth as one of the best defensive linemen in the NFL could come at a steep price for the Tennessee Titans.

When Haynesworth was named to the Pro Bowl on Tuesday, it triggered a clause in his contract guaranteeing he can become an unrestricted free agent after this season.

The Titans had agreed to four conditions under which they would agree not to place the franchise player tag on Haynesworth. A second straight Pro Bowl appearance was one of those four triggers.

That doesn't mean Haynesworth is automatically out the door: The Titans still have exclusive negotiating rights with him until Feb. 27. But he's free to talk to other teams after that date.

Haynesworth's agent, Chad Speck, said now is not the time to discuss his client's future, according to The (Nashville) Tennessean.

"I am just excited for Albert that he made the Pro Bowl and he is certainly deserving of it,'' Speck said, according to the report. "Right now I know he is clearly focused on trying to get healthy and making it back for the playoff run. I think the contract stuff will take care of itself at the end of the season.''

Haynesworth made his case for a spot in the Pro Bowl with a team-high 8.5 sacks and 75 tackles this season. He sprained his knee on Sunday and will miss the Titans' final two regular-season games, but is expected to return for the playoffs.

Haynesworth, 27, would likely draw great interest in the free-agent market. The 6-foot-6, 320-pound defensive tackle has 91 tackles and 14.5 sacks in the past two years. In seven NFL seasons, all in Tennessee, he has 271 career tackles -- 199 of them solo -- and 24 sacks.

House of Steel

Reaction score
You know there will be a bidding war for this man after this season. Imagine if the Steelers had him, we be so darn dangerous defensively it would look like hell.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I was just imagining if we were able to sign him some how...

Tuck, Osi, Albert, Coefield, Robbins and Tollefson with Kiwanuka and Pierce at LB is just retarted.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He is too valuable to Tennessee. They'll give him a big pay day to stay. Plus, Titans are already an elite team and you have a top 3 defense already.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He is too valuable to Tennessee. They'll give him a big pay day to stay. Plus, Titans are already an elite team and you have a top 3 defense already.

Doesnt hurt to dream.

And yeah our defense is great already, but can always be better.

Everything Turns To Nothing .
Reaction score
You know there will be a bidding war for this man after this season. Imagine if the Steelers had him, we be so darn dangerous defensively it would look like hell.
Wouldn't work. Being 3-4, they only use one nose tackle. They'd have to get rid of Hampton... You guys are dangerous enough anyway.

I'd say Dallas should try to get him, but we're 3-4 too... Plus, Ratliff just made the Pro Bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%