Hawks ink Edge, cut Duckett

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Associated Press said:
RENTON, Wash. (AP) - Edgerrin James is Seattle's latest aging star running back, less than a year and half after Shaun Alexander was unceremoniously booted out of town.

The league's leading active rusher signed a one-year contract with the Seahawks on Tuesday night. He's being asked to help revive a rushing offense that has been generally dormant since February 2006, when Alexander was the NFL MVP and Seattle was in its only Super Bowl.

Earlier Tuesday night, Seattle waived fellow veteran running back T.J. Duckett to clear roster space.

"It's official! Congrats to Edgerrin James on signing a 1 year deal with the Seahawks," agent Drew Rosenhaus posted on Twitter late Tuesday.

A team spokesman confirmed the signing moments later. It is believed to be worth about $2 million, though Rosenhaus did not immediately comment on financial terms.
Good for Edge, ending up with the team he stands a best chance at winning the starting job, but I am disappointed in the release of TJ Duckett. Duckett has been one of my favorite backs since he caught my attention at Michigan State.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I actually like this signing for Seattle.

Dogphins

Reaction score
It's good for Edge and the 'Hawks. Duckett should find another team before the regular season starts

kdogg

The original #SpartanDawg
Reaction score
Duckett has been one of my favorite backs since he caught my attention at Michigan State.
Definitely agree with that one :D

He should find another team very soon though, I wish the Lions would have kept him though <_<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%