Guthrie Likely to be on Trade Block During Offseason

Reaction score
Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun writes that Jeremy Guthrie will "likely" be on the trade block this winter.

Guthrie is likely to earn $6 million or more this winter in his final year of arbitration, which is really not that much for a guy that's been solid for four of the last five seasons and who has reached 200 innings each of the last three years. But, the O's might decide they could get more value from him in a potential trade with the market this offseason looking grim. As Connolly notes, though, Guthrie has been on the block often over the last couple years and obviously hasn't gone anywhere.

rotoworld
Do you guys think any team will actually look to pick him up? He's not a great pitcher, but at least he's not an inconsistent guy. He's going to give up some runs, so he needs to go to a place where his offense can give him good run support. Maybe even out of the pen would be the better option for him. What do you guys think?

Thoughts?

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
He's been pretty underrated these past few years, other than 2009 of course. But he was a good pitcher in 2010, 2008, and 2007 and was decent this year. I don't see why teams who need pitching help would be hesitant to pick him up. He'd be a welcome addition to the Yankees in my book.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm not sure what his splits are against the AL East and everyone else, but he's been pitching in the toughest division in baseball, on one of the worst teams in the league, and pitching well aside from 2009.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
I'm not sure what his splits are against the AL East and everyone else, but he's been pitching in the toughest division in baseball, on one of the worst teams in the league, and pitching well aside from 2009.
He's never pitched well against Boston or New York but has pitched well against Tampa and Toronto.

I'd certainly take him on the Yankees. Would mean that he got to face the O's instead of us a few times a year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%