Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Reported by FS1.

Horrible break for the Pats.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
We were statistically Top 5 with Gronk out there.

Right now, we are painfully thin at receiving.

Thompkins, Dobson are hurt. Hooman is out, Gronk is to the IR. We're down to like Ammy-Edelman-Boyce-Collie-Vereen sets as our base lol fuck

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Good job NFL, you got what you wanted. Guys hit up high and get flagged and fined so you just gotta blow out receivers ACL's for it to be a perfectly legal hit. 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Again, players are going to get hurt no matter what you restrict. They have determined having them potentially tear an ACL is less lethal than suffering from brain damage once they leave the league. I'd say their assessment is correct.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
elcheato said:
Again, players are going to get hurt no matter what you restrict. They have determined having them potentially tear an ACL is less lethal than suffering from brain damage once they leave the league. I'd say their assessment is correct.

They are getting exactly what they want, as I said. I understand blowing an ACL is less lethal than brain damage, but I still hate it. What the defender did was exactly what the NFL wants so you can't blame that on him. I also understand that players are going to get hurt no matter what and I'm all for player safety, but this is football. When they sign the contract that's the risk they take playing and of course the NFL is going to cover their rear end in every way possible, by making the game worse in the process. I understand they don't want to be sued so can't blame them there, but this stuff is just going too far. 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm not blaming the defender myself, and no one should really. And even if head shots were legal, Ward still would have gone at Gronk low, because as I pointed out in the NFL thread, he has 8 inches and 65 pounds on Ward. You have to go low to get him down. That's a football play. Headshots aren't a football play, because it's honestly, never necessary.

Tearing an ACL isn't going to cause mental health problems down the road, potentially making you a danger to yourself and to society. Now, all head injuries don't do that, but there is a chance of someone losing a sense of morality and understanding with constant head trauma. Like it or not, the NFL is right.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
My only concern is they'll eventually try to address the increase in torn ACLs and broken legs by making certain hits below the legs illegal as well, making defenders target the abdomen and ribs like they're a Terminator spotting their prey. 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't think you're going to see that. I'll take issue if they start making low hits illegal on anyone other than stationary QBs.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Yeah, they are right. Too bad it's ruining the game and the officials don't know how to officiate all of the rules. This is the worst the officiating has ever been. That defenseless receiver rule is soo bad, they get that call wrong 9 times out of 10. 

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
More partying for him.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
torn acl and mcl

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
Dudes not even 25 and he's already had 4 arm surgeries, a back surgery, and know you can add a torn acl+mcl to the list.

Jesus. 

deeba

The Skunky Nugget
Reaction score
I really think they should come up with a rule that you cannot hit below the waist. All these dinky ass cornerbacks and Safety's need to learn how to hit like a man.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%