Giants rookie out of LSU injured in car crash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rice18

I'm emotionally vested in me.
Reaction score
New York Giants rookie safety Chad Jones was involved in a car accident on Friday morning in New Orleans, according to multiple reports from Louisiana.

According to New Orleans' CBS affiliate WWL-TV, Jones, 21, suffered "a fractured left leg and had arteries and nerves exposed." The station reports that Jones was listed in critical condition and was in surgery at 10:15 a.m. The accident has been reported to have occurred between 5 a.m. and 6 a.m.

Jones' father, Alfred Jones, confirmed his son was hurt but was alert when paramedics took him to the emergency room, according to local radio station WWL-AM 870.

A Giants spokesman said the team has seen the reports and was in the process of gathering information on the accident and the extent of Jones' injuries.

LSU's head football coach Les Miles posted to his Twitter page, "Just got news about Chad Jones' car accident. We are praying for Chad and his family. Keep him in your prayers."

Jones recently signed a contract with the Giants, who selected the safety and former baseball star in the third round of this year's NFL draft.

Jones helped the Tigers win a national championship in football as a freshman in 2007 and a baseball national championship in the spring of his sophomore year in 2009. The 6-2 Jones, an outfielder and reliever who was drafted by the Houston Astros in the 13th round out of high school, became only one of two players in NCAA history to win a BCS football championship and a College World Series title, joining teammate Jared Mitchell, who also was on both national championship teams with him at LSU.
http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5327381
Damn he probably won't be playing for a while with a fractured left leg and arteries and nerves exposed.

footballplaya52

Solo Dolo
Reaction score
im interested to know whether he was at fault for the collision.

i hope he's able to play again

VC15

Reaction score
I hope that he can just recover from these devastating injuries and lead a normal life. If he can play then that would be great.

footballplaya52

Solo Dolo
Reaction score
According to Erin Cofiell of WAFB in Baton Rouge, Giants rookie Chad Jones is out of surgery and "did well." Jones, injured in a car accident early Friday, is expected to keep both of his legs following the horrific crash and subsequent emergency surgery. LSU football coach Les Miles and baseball coach Paul Mainieri may visit Jones over the weekend, depending on the progress of his condition. In addition to a starting safety, Jones was a left-handed pitcher on the Tigers' baseball team. He was the 76th overall pick in April's NFL Draft.

Rice18

I'm emotionally vested in me.
Reaction score
Damn man my prayers are out to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%