Gators want Weis

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kansas City Chiefs offensive coordinator Charlie Weis is being targeted by the Florida Gators to become the offensive coordinator under new coach Will Muschamp, two sources confirmed to ESPN.

Weis is expected to take the job, but no firm agreement is in place.

Muschamp contacted the Chiefs this week for permission to talk to Weis, with the full intention of hiring the Chiefs' offensive coordinator and former Notre Dame coach, sources said. A Florida source said Weis would continue to coach the Chiefs into the AFC playoffs. Another source reiterated that Weis is expected to accept the job.

In his first year on the job, Muschamp has been focused on hiring an NFL offensive coordinator to install a pro-style offense and to assist with attracting pro-style quarterbacks and receivers to the Gators program, sources said.

Pat Dooley of the Gainesville Sun first said that Weis was the leading candidate for the Gators' offensive coordinator position.

Chiefs coach Todd Haley said Friday he was "unaware of anything" regarding Weis and Florida.

"It would be news to me," Haley said.
Hmmmm I think the Chiefs would like to keep him.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Im guessing this is a good move going forward. Weis has been an excellent offensive coordinator, not so much a good head coach.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This dude is sketchy.... and he would let this shit get around at the worst time.

Him and Haley have been clashing anyways. Hopefully Haley squashes the beef with Mcdaniels and we bring him in.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Weis is a dumbass for leaving the NFL to go to Florida.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- A person familiar with the decision says Florida Gators has hired former Notre Dame coach Charlie Weis as offensive coordinator.

The person, who spoke to The Associated Press on the condition of anonymity because the move has not been formally announced, says it will made public Monday.

Weis, hired at Notre Dame five years ago when Urban Meyer turned the Irish down to come to Gainesville, is currently the offensive coordinator for the NFL's Kansas City Chiefs.

The Chiefs are headed to the playoffs, and Weis will remain with them throughout the postseason. Weis won't go on the road recruiting at least for a week, but he will be to call recruits.
I hear its pretty much a done deal.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This dude is seriously fucking up our focus.

FUCK we dont need this shit charlie...sketchy ass dude.

Reaction score
This dude is seriously fucking up our focus.

FUCK we dont need this shit charlie...sketchy ass dude.
You know what's funny he did it with New England too. He was talking to the Bills saying he would take the job while the Pats were in the postseason playing in the divisional round I believe.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Bad move for us. We have all these spread atheletes, it's gonna take two-to-three years for him to build a decent offense.

Mooche

Reaction score
This is definitely an interesting situation going forward. I am not sure how Charlie will do in this offense, and I don't know how much instant impact this will have.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Todd Haley really hasn't been able to get along with any offensive coordinator.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Haley looks like he has killed a few guys in the day.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think Florida is making it worth Charlie's financial while to go back to the NCAA. If I were him...I'd take the much less stressful OC job in college football too. Much more time for playing gold, not to mention the better weather.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%