Garnett's "cheering" crossing the line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's sad, sort of. We used to love Kevin Garnett. Remember when the Bulls were supposedly in the running to trade for him? Remember when Garnett was the Hall of Fame center stuck on a horrible franchise? Remember last year, when Garnett finally won that title, and you felt good for him, felt that if there was anyone who deserved a trade to a title contender, it was him?

Remember when it was easy to like Kevin Garnett?

We do. Unfortunately, those days are long gone.

Anyone who's watched even a few minutes of the Bulls series these last few days has seen an injured, besuited Garnett. He gets more TV time than Doc Rivers, it seems. Every time the camera flashes to Garnett, sitting on the sideline because he's too hurt to play, Garnett is doing one of two things. He's either a) sticking his chin out in a defiant mean-mug that at this point just looks stupid, especially from SOMEONE SITTING ON THE BENCH IN A SUIT, or b) raining down a host of obscenities, usually at Bulls players.

Which, to a point, is fine. If that's how Garnett needs to re-emasculate himself, to make up for the fact that his body his breaking down and he can't get on the court this year, fine. But last night was worse than usual. Last night crossed a line. After Brad Miller missed the first of two potentially game-tying overtime free throws, Garnett took time out of his busy injured schedule to yell "choke" at Brad Miller. Classy, man. (And this is coming from us, someone you'll rarely ever see complain about "class" in sports.) There's also this photo of a snarling Garnett getting in Ben Gordon's face, the same Ben Gordon who played through his injury last night while Garnett threw on Armani and did his cheerleading from the sidelines.

Garnett's Adidas campaign slogan is, get this, "Basketball is a Brotherhood." If our brother acted like such a raging, overcompensating, confused and classless d-bag, we'd have disowned him long ago.
http://www.nbcchicago.com/sports/basketbal...in-Garnett.html

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
I agree with this article 100% His ego has with off the damn charts since he's won that damn ring and so has everyone around him with the exception of a few.

I so remember when everyone liked him, when everyone had his jerseys, when everyone even had a pair of KG's..

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, he was just a much better person in Minnesota, now he has a ring. I remember when he taunted Calderon and didn't even get a taunting foul. That made me dislike him.

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Im fairly sure I posted this before.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
KG used to be the shizit. Now I can't stand him, or anyone on Boston.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
I can`t believe I used to like him, or at least could stand him. After he got that ring, he got all childish and immature about it, a long with a majority of his teammates. I try to like someone on their team, but I really cant find myself to do so. Rondo, Allen and Pierce are the closest, but even that`s slowly fading.

Not all people know how to correctly behave after winning a ring, and KG is a prime example.

VC15

Reaction score
Im fairly sure I posted this before.
You did post this before. But KG is just a complete tool now and I really want to see the look on his face when the Magic absolutely handle them this round.

He still is
No, he isn't.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
everyone loved him when he was losing but now since he has a ring, and acts a little more cocky everyone dislikes him lol

KG has a right to be cocky IMO, all the years he spent in Minny puttin up with bad front office moves, not having the right teammates sround him, and all the talk that he will never compare to the leagues greatest b/c he didnt have a ring gives him the right to act the way he does.

He's ALWAYS cursed non-stop during games, dating all the way back to high-school, its the NBA you dont have to be friends with everyone.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i hate KG, but this is stupid
let the man cheer his team on. we all know how much he loves to play bball. dont you think he feels awful not being out to get on the court? he's itching to play

I'm With ATL

Reaction score
This is ridiculous. You cant cheer on your team because your injured or what? I've said it before, this is the same KG he's been since before Boston. Everyone loved him last year and now he's a lesser person apparently, because he wants his team to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%