Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I still cant believe that the Patriots trade for Chad Ochocinco. Its going to be interesting to see Chad and Haynesworth and see if they can make a comeback. I like Chad's chances more than Haynesworths.
I see the opposite, actually.

Ochocinco has to compete with Welker, Branch, Gronkowski, Hernandez, and many others for receptions. He's our #3 WR playing the #1 option (Welker in slot).

Haynesworth will be playing a 4-3 DT/ 3-4 DE, and he has done very well versus T and G in the past few years.

Haynesworth will make a huge impact for that defensive line. Either Haynesworth will do very well, with Wilfork and Warren to his left, or if Haynesworth attracts the lineman, Warren or Vince can do well. I love the Haynesworth deal, I'm just alright with the Ochocinco deal. Weren't bad for either deal, knowing we gave up a 2012 5th, 2013 5th and 2013 6th to get them.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ray Edwards signs with Atlanta. Oh well.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
I see the opposite, actually.

Ochocinco has to compete with Welker, Branch, Gronkowski, Hernandez, and many others for receptions. He's our #3 WR playing the #1 option (Welker in slot).

Haynesworth will be playing a 4-3 DT/ 3-4 DE, and he has done very well versus T and G in the past few years.

Haynesworth will make a huge impact for that defensive line. Either Haynesworth will do very well, with Wilfork and Warren to his left, or if Haynesworth attracts the lineman, Warren or Vince can do well. I love the Haynesworth deal, I'm just alright with the Ochocinco deal. Weren't bad for either deal, knowing we gave up a 2012 5th, 2013 5th and 2013 6th to get them.
Chad is your #2, not #3

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Falcons agreed to terms with Ray Edwards on a five-year deal, according to FOX's Jay Glazer.
It's a huge get for the Falcons. Edwards' 16.5 sacks over the past two seasons in Minnesota are impressive, even if most of them came against single blocks. He forms a dominant bookend on the left side with right end John Abraham, one of the best sack-artists in the league. Still just 26, Edwards has major upside as a disruptor of passing attacks.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kyle Orton will not be traded to the Dolphins, confirms ESPN's John Clayton.
Miami called Denver's bluff and signed Matt Moore to compete with Chad Henne. That leaves the Broncos in quite a predicament as they reportedly prefer Tim Tebow to Orton but have no viable trade partners left. Orton is currently running with the starters at Broncos camp and they may have to wait for an injury to explore trade options again.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Chad is your #2, not #3
lol no he isn't

in case you havent heard, or seen anything with the Patriots, Deion Branch is his number one favorite reciever. Deion is higher in the DC than Ocho.

He wont be running #3 routes, but he is #3 in our DC

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lions CB Alphonso Smith showed up to training camp with a broken left foot.
Smith says he suffered the injury about three weeks ago while working out and it only increases the Lions' need for corner help. Even though Smith was projected as a nickel back and he says he'll be ready for Week 1, they are very thin behind their elite front four.
yay makes our cb depth even worse.......................

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Roy Williams to the Bears

Sad we lost Danieal Manning, but there was no chance of him coming back. Major Wright time.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Ocho >>>>> Deion
smh x100

recalculate Deion's stats to if he played 16 games in NE, not 12

64 rec, 942 yards, 7 TD

Ochocinco last year

67 rec, 831 yards, 4 TD

not to mention that Brady spread the ball all over the field to many targets. He used the TEs SO much last year, and will again this year

Deion Branch is better than Ochocinco IN NEW ENGLAND

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
smh x100

recalculate Deion's stats to if he played 16 games in NE, not 12

64 rec, 942 yards, 7 TD

Ochocinco last year

67 rec, 831 yards, 4 TD

not to mention that Brady spread the ball all over the field to many targets. He used the TEs SO much last year, and will again this year

Deion Branch is better than Ochocinco IN NEW ENGLAND
u dont know that branch will be better than ocho yet in new england....

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
u dont know that branch will be better than ocho yet in new england....
Brady and Branch's connection together is far greater than any other WR he's ever had, including Moss, Welker, Troy Brown.

I would be shocked if Ocho did better, to be honest

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Ocho also had shitty ass Palmer throwing him the ball

Moss and Brady > Deion and Brady

They set records, Branch is a scrub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%