Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Not too surprising.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What has he done?? He's been on the hot seat for years. 

There's been rumors of this happening each of the last 3ish seasons.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Three of their five best players have been out for pretty much the entire season so far...

I haven't been a huge fan of Hoiberg, but the timing of this makes no sense to me.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
DJT said:
What has he done?? He's been on the hot seat for years. 

There's been rumors of this happening each of the last 3ish seasons.
because the team isnt competing now? build the young team with a young coach.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Father Pugzo said:
because the team isnt competing now? build the young team with a young coach.
To me that makes more sense to fire him. They aren't competing, get a new coach they actually want there. Have them grow with the team.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
DJT said:
To me that makes more sense to fire him. They aren't competing, get a new coach they actually want there. Have them grow with the team.
Hoiberg is a young coach. If they didnt want him there, they shouldnt have hired him in the first place.

Im wondering if he lost the locker room. Lavine waved off his play late in a game the other day and tried to shoot a step back. Dumbass

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Hoiberg is a young coach. If they didnt want him there, they shouldnt have hired him in the first place.

Im wondering if he lost the locker room. Lavine waved off his play late in a game the other day and tried to shoot a step back. Dumbass
A ton of people said they shouldn't have hired him in the first place. He was a good offensive college coach. He is young, but they seem to want to go in a different direction.

They took a chance on him thinking maybe he'll do something nice for them, he hasn't. And yeah Lavine did have that awful shot to end the game, that Hoiberg wasn't happy about, but he doesn't seem to be the type of coach that gets onto guys for a dumb mistake like that.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
DJT said:
A ton of people said they shouldn't have hired him in the first place. He was a good offensive college coach. He is young, but they seem to want to go in a different direction.

They took a chance on him thinking maybe he'll do something nice for them, he hasn't. And yeah Lavine did have that awful shot to end the game, that Hoiberg wasn't happy about, but he doesn't seem to be the type of coach that gets onto guys for a dumb mistake like that.
Let me know when he had a roster that was in position to do anything. Ill wait.

The closest thing he had to anything resembling an NBA Team was a box of misfit toys in 2016-17 that he took to a position of almost upsetting the #1 seed before Rondo got hurt.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Let me know when he had a roster that was in position to do anything. Ill wait.

The closest thing he had to anything resembling an NBA Team was a box of misfit toys in 2016-17 that he took to a position of almost upsetting the #1 seed before Rondo got hurt.
Oh i'm not saying they had a roster to warrant anything. I'm just saying they weren't satisfied with either how he was doing or how he was communicating with the team or something.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Paxson "we felt a different energy the past few weeks. We're lacking a spirit and we need to get that back. This decision is not based on our record. blah blah"

CoachAF

Reaction score
i love that losing to the Rockets is the last straw..... LOL

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
DJT said:
he is the coach to have for this kind of team. he hasnt even had a fair run. maybe it was something else but unless there was, this was dumb.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Father Pugzo said:
he is the coach to have for this kind of team. he hasnt even had a fair run. maybe it was something else but unless there was, this was dumb.
Eh, I don't think this situation was ever suited for Hoiberg. I wonder who they will get, bring in another young guy that suits the team more or what.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Of a young guy they may or may not want? Haha I'm not even convinced they'll get a young dude.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
DJT said:
Of a young guy they may or may not want? Haha I'm not even convinced they'll get a young dude.
Sure, since apparently Hoiberg doesnt fit the mold for you

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Sure, since apparently Hoiberg doesnt fit the mold for you
Not for me, for the Bulls lol. I didn't fire him. I personally like Hoiberg haha.

I just know there have been rumors ever since he got hired that it was not a good fit.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
So you're not going to throw any suggestions out there?

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
So you're not going to throw any suggestions out there?
I don't know any haha. I wanna say Blatt but I doubt he'll be an option for them for some reason. Probably a few San Antonio assistants out there. 

I hope SVG, JFG, and Jackson don't get it haha.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%