Flames get cammalleri in huge swap with habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

germany00

Preds 2013?
Reaction score
The Calgary Flames announced today that they have acquired former Flame center Michael Cammalleri, goaltender Karri Ramo and a 5th round pick in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft from the Montreal Canadiens in exchange for forwards Rene Bourque, Patrick Holland and a 2nd pick in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.

"Mike Cammalleri is a dynamic player who enjoyed great success playing in Calgary," stated Flames General Manager Jay Feaster. "We believe Cammalleri will help our offensive production, solidify a second scoring line, bolster our power play, and bring another strong veteran voice to our room. We are confident that a return to Calgary will be good for Mike and good for our continued pursuit of a playoff berth."

Cammalleri, a native of Richmond Hill, ON, has nine goals and 13 assists for 22 points in 37 games for the Montreal Canadiens this season. He spent the 2008-09 season with Calgary setting a career high while leading the team with 39 goals, 19 on the power play which was second in the league. He also added 43 assists for a total of 82 points which was also a career high and good for 13th in league scoring.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I like this deal for the flames.

germany00

Preds 2013?
Reaction score
Not bad for both teams, but in my opinion flames came out as the winners if cammalleri picks up his performance

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Didn't see that one coming.

germany00

Preds 2013?
Reaction score
I thought the habs would have to change something, and i guess this is it

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah but, honestly, it makes no sense. They don't improve and get somewhat of a cap improvement. Cammalleri's cap hit isn't the problem though (see: Gomez, Kaberle)

germany00

Preds 2013?
Reaction score
Lol at Kaberle's cap hit haha, some top D-men get like half of what he gets

Mr.Baller

Reaction score
I actually hate this move , cause I'm a cammy fan ! But his not doin anything right now for the team ... so might as well make some changes ! We have to rebuild this team to be honest with yall ....

Hopefully PG makes a huge move and get's rid of Gomez because Gio is still a good player for the team .

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Flames come out on top with this deal. I like how they pulled the trigger on this.

I think Cammalleri will pick it up and put up numbers for them.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They got the better player, sure. But Feaster says the Flames are "going for it" and that makes no sense for a team that needs to be rebuilding. They need a miracle to make it to, and out of, the first round.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They got the better player, sure. But Feaster says the Flames are "going for it" and that makes no sense for a team that needs to be rebuilding. They need a miracle to make it to, and out of, the first round.
This.

Sports Hour

Reaction score
I think this is good for both teams, but I'll comment on Montreal's point of view in a few points.

• Free up almost $3 million to be put towards signing Price
  • Get bigger by 5'' (Bourque 6'2, Cammalleri 5'9)
  • Bring in someone to score the much needed dirty goals, and not the pretty ones
  • 2nd round pick in 2013 to build future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%