First BCS Standings Released

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
True. But that doesn't mean that Boise state can't beat those other top teams. Its just they have a weak schedule for whatever reason. And they are in a weak conference, but they are moving into a better one.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
True. But that doesn't mean that Boise state can't beat those other top teams. Its just they have a weak schedule for whatever reason. And they are in a weak conference, but they are moving into a better one.
Want to know why they have a weak schedule? They play in the <Censored>ing WAC and are moving to the Mountain West Conference featuring TCU, Utah, and BYU...?

TCU is just a flavor of the season. Utah was the flavor a few years ago, and BYU is full of Mormons.

The MWC isn't an elite conference.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I actually agree with the standings now. But Missouri should be above Michigan State

Mooche

Reaction score
Mizzou was impressive. I liked what I saw from them last night. I think OU is actually a pretty damn good team, but I don't think DeMarco Murray is the same player he was a few years ago, and that is the difference for them.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Want to know why they have a weak schedule? They play in the <Censored>ing WAC and are moving to the Mountain West Conference featuring TCU, Utah, and BYU...?

TCU is just a flavor of the season. Utah was the flavor a few years ago, and BYU is full of Mormons.

The MWC isn't an elite conference.
I never said elite. I said better than the WAC. If BYU and Utah were staying in the MWC, I have no doubt that it would be an automatic BCS bid. But BYU and Utah have left...so that brings down the strength of the conference.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Mizzou was impressive. I liked what I saw from them last night. I think OU is actually a pretty damn good team, but I don't think DeMarco Murray is the same player he was a few years ago, and that is the difference for them.
They were very impressive last night there's no doubt about that. I knew Oklahoma wouldn't stay #1 for long, they just aren't that good and didn't belong #1 to begin with. It would be great to see Oregon go down next Saturday, keep the streak going!

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Auburn well deserves the number one spot.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Not once Bama beats them.

Mooche

Reaction score
Auburn well deserves the number one spot.
If they can keep winning huge games, like defeating LSU, and Newton keeps playing out of his mind. Who knows.. They may just end up there.

NEW YORK -- Cam Newton and Auburn blew by Boise State into first place in the BCS standings.

The unbeaten Tigers (8-0) vaulted from fourth to the top spot Sunday, putting the

Atlas

Banned
Reaction score
I've grown tired of the argument for Boise State to be top 2. Great football team, entertaining as hell to watch, I think that they can go toe2toe with any team in the country....BUT too much "what if" and "they could" being used to justify their argument. There is saying and then there's doing and unfortunately for the Broncos, strength of schedule just doesn't equal the 'doing'. While the Broncos finish their schedule of weak, unranked, small conference opponents...the Oregon's, Auburn's, and Alabama's continue to play large bid, top 25 ranked schools. Boise's conference is working against them but they are moving up the chain and the day the end up in the Pac-12 (or whatever) will be the day they can finally just rely on winning games (not style points or losses by others) to get to the top of the BCS.

I agree with the current BCS standings and I think its the current strength in conferences that is dictating where these unbeaten teams lie. TCU is the only exception as where I find Michigan State's and Mizzou's schedule/wins more difficult.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Boise can beat anyone on any given Saturday because they empty there play book, with trick plays and anything they have, because they only have one tough game a year and a bowl game.. All the other top teams face tough conference opponents weekly and can't use the whole playbook, because they need to save stuff for other games.. Boise would not finish undefeated in a BCS conference.

Shaka

Reaction score
For starters, Oregon should be #1 in my eyes. I'd love to see an Auburn and Oregon showdown because the Ducks can put points up in bunches. I'm not taking anything away from Cam Newton or the Tigers though, I just think the Ducks are the team to beat this year. I'll tell you what... Auburn fans owe Gene Chizik an apology for the way they reacted when he was hired.

As for Boise State and Texas Christian, they're a talented group of players. Boise State is an offensive powerhouse and I believe TCU can hang with anyone defensively. They're well coached and disciplined. You have to be when every game is in preparation of your bowl game in hopes to showcase what you've got to the world. The worst thing the NCAA could have done last year is what they did.. match them against each other. What a shame. How can they prove what they have if you don't give them a dog?

Both teams are leagues ahead of what they use to be. Boise State has a great running back and can spread you thin by running the ball now(better than when they had Ian Johnson). Both teams have sent players to the NFL as high draft picks(Kyle Wilson, Daryl Washington, Jerry Hughes). Who's to say they don't have what it takes? They only argument is against their schedule.

They'd both be Big East Champs. Boise State should be in the Pac10 and it would come down to an Oregon-Boise showdown(Boise won last year) and TCU would be in a dogfight in the Big 12 where they should have been for the last 5 years. Still.. they are title contenders.

I agree if they played in the SEC they'd have trouble but that's the SEC. That's why they nearly deserve an automatic bid haha. In any other conference... they're pretty close to being the same dangerous undefeated team they already are.

I'm game for letting them prove they deserve to be there.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
For starters, Oregon should be #1 in my eyes. I'd love to see an Auburn and Oregon showdown because the Ducks can put points up in bunches. I'm not taking anything away from Cam Newton or the Tigers though, I just think the Ducks are the team to beat this year. I'll tell you what... Auburn fans owe Gene Chizik an apology for the way they reacted when he was hired.

As for Boise State and Texas Christian, they're a talented group of players. Boise State is an offensive powerhouse and I believe TCU can hang with anyone defensively. They're well coached and disciplined. You have to be when every game is in preparation of your bowl game in hopes to showcase what you've got to the world. The worst thing the NCAA could have done last year is what they did.. match them against each other. What a shame. How can they prove what they have if you don't give them a dog?

Both teams are leagues ahead of what they use to be. Boise State has a great running back and can spread you thin by running the ball now(better than when they had Ian Johnson). Both teams have sent players to the NFL as high draft picks(Kyle Wilson, Daryl Washington, Jerry Hughes). Who's to say they don't have what it takes? They only argument is against their schedule.

They'd both be Big East Champs. Boise State should be in the Pac10 and it would come down to an Oregon-Boise showdown(Boise won last year) and TCU would be in a dogfight in the Big 12 where they should have been for the last 5 years. Still.. they are title contenders.

I agree if they played in the SEC they'd have trouble but that's the SEC. That's why they nearly deserve an automatic bid haha. In any other conference... they're pretty close to being the same dangerous undefeated team they already are.

I'm game for letting them prove they deserve to be there.
Oregon should not be number one, first of all Auburn has played more games than them, and they just rushed for 400-yards against a top-10 team that has on average gives up less than 90-yards per game on the ground.

The Ducks' beat the 3-4 Bruins, who had a win against Texas, the same 'Horns that lost to <Censored>ing Iowa State.

How is Auburn not the team to beat? They're in a better conference, have better players, and they don't run some gimmick <Censored>ing offense.

Mooche

Reaction score
Cameron Newton is playing better than anybody in the Nation, on any given Saturday, as far as I am concerned. The only thing that scares me about Auburn is their secondary, it's pretty brutal. That defensive unit got completely exposed by Arkansas, and it wasn't even funny.

This year is going to be a race to the finish, can't wait.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%