Fielder: "'Probably Last Season' With Brewers"

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Prince Fielder confirmed Wednesday what Milwaukee fans have feared -- that this season is "probably the last year" with the Brewers.

Fielder, in an interview with TBS, said, "I'm signed for this year, but being real about it, it is probably the last year."

He confirmed his feelings Wednesday to reporters after the Brewers' loss to the Rockies.

"It's the same thing I've been saying," Fielder said. "That's what you guys said last year. Probably. It is what it is."

The Brewers have ridden the combination of Fielder and Ryan Braun to the top of the NL Central this season. But Fielder, when asked about keeping that duo together, said he didn't see it in the future.

"It's been great, unfortunately, this is probably the last year of the one-two punch... But I think it's been good, (five) years, him and me. Hopefully, we can go out with a blast," Fielder said.
Fielder is a real dickhead for saying this before the playoffs. Great way to ruin any chemistry the team has.

I mean, they knew it was inevitable, but he didn't have to go out and say it.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
talk about bad timing
he hasnt talked about his contract at all since last year, and you start now with your team up and down lately and cards red hot, so close to the playoffs?

cmon prince

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
hes probably sick of everyone asking him, over and over. Probably just wants to head into the playoffs with this whole situation off his mind and by finally saying it, he'll have a clearer mind in October.

It could also just be a clear reminder to his teammates that they gotta cherish these last few weeks and give it 110%, and convince the fans that they need to back this team and give them more support down the stretch.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Everyone knows Fielder is gone after the year and he just clarified it this way. Wouldve been good to just say like "Im not going to talk about this until the season is over." But like Prince said it is what it is, and if you think about it. They are picking Braun over Fielder, thats what it comes down to. Who do you keep?

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
obviously you go with Braun. Averages 35 HRs & .311 average. Fielder averages .282 & 37 HRs. OPS' are nearly identical so it pretty much comes down to that.

Reaction score
That's not what you want to hear when you're in the middle of a post-season run either. I don't think this was the right time at all for Fielder to come out and say something like this, he should've at least just kept people guessing. Seriously? You're going to come out and say you're likely done right in the thick of the playoff race. Makes no sense to me. Tough news for the Brew-Crew though.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Going to suck seeing him in an Orioles uniform next season.

Good thing the Orioles are going to suck forever though.

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
You guys are reading to much into this. It's not like this was a secret.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
When I first heard this it caught me completely off guard. I was shocked that he might be leaving the Brewers for more money.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%