Fedorov raves about ‘big star’ Tarasenko

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It’s been quite a start to the season for​
Vladimir Tarasenko
.​
After being named the NHL’s top rookie for January, the St. Louis forward received high praise from one of the greatest Russian players of all time — Sergei Fedorov.​
Fedorov, who actually played on the same team as Tarasenko during last year’s KHL All-Star game, has been following the 21-year-old closely during his first season in the NHL.​
He likes what he’s seen.​
“He is a very good player, so talented and with outstanding puck skills,” Fedorov told the Windsor Star. “I’m absolutely very happy that he’s gone over there and made an impact so quickly.​
“I think he’s been a very impressive NHL player so far.”​
While Tarasenko has gone cold as of late — scoreless in his last three — he still leads the Blues in goals (with five) and sits second among rookie scorers, with 10 points, two behind Tampa’s Cory Conacher.​
Tarasenko’s also averaging close to 15 minutes a night and playing a big role on St. Louis’ top-ranked power play.​
Fedorov, currently the GM of CSKA Moscow, knows that many have compared him and Tarasenko because of their similar skill sets (also, the fact Tarasenko patterns his game after Fedorov.)​
He also thinks that, like himself, Tarasenko benefited from spending time in Russian league.​
“I think maybe it helped him that he had the five months of the lockout to prepare for the NHL, because he announced at the start of the [KHL] season that he intended to play in the NHL when it started,” Fedorov explained.​
“I thought maybe he was too young to go and it might be too tough for him, but he’s playing so well and he’s been a big star.”​
Kid's a stud.

Mr.Baller

Reaction score
He has been the number one prospect on many lists and now his showing why he was ranked #1 ... He is an exciting player to watch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%