Fedor Calling It Quits

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
After much speculation, Fedor Emelianenko is calling it a career.

Following his June 21 bout against Pedro Rizzo in St. Petersburg, Russia, Fedor will hang up his gloves for the final time.

“June 21 will be the last fight of my career,” Fedor said, according to iSport.ua.

Fedor ruled the Japanese mixed martial arts scene, dominating many of the best heavyweights in the world during his tenure under the Pride banner.

He defeated the likes of Mauricio “Cro Cop” Filipovic, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, Mark Coleman, Kevin Randleman, Semmy Schilt, and others, while many were at or near the peak of their respective careers.

After Pride was purchased by the owners of the UFC and eventually shuttered, Fedor moved on, first to the fledgling Affliction promotion, then on to Strikeforce, where he stuttered to a 1-3 record during his two-year stint there.

Once regarded as the top heavyweight fighter on the planet, Fedor was strongly pursued by the UFC, but the MMA juggernaut and Fedor’s management, M-1 Global, could never see eye-to-eye.

Fedor has fought twice since exiting Strikeforce, winning a decision over Jeff Monson and knocking out Satoshi Ishii.

He will close out his career against Pedro Rizzo on June 21 on his home turf.
sucks he never got to get in the ufc but he fell pretty fast these past couple of years. dude had a crazy career though.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He had a good career. I was devastated when he lost to Bigfoot Silva.

Durant35

Reaction score
I love Fedor, he really called the UFC out when he said he didn't want to come to the UFC he wanted the UFC to come to him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%