Favre to Vikings in 3 weeks?

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The stories surrounding Favre in recent weeks are really throwing me for a loop.

First, we hear that he's done, retired, not coming back. Second, Favre hires a personal trainer and continues to his recovery from a torn bicep. The Vikings admit that they will discuss the possibility of bringing Favre in during their upcoming meetings. Now we've got reports surfacing that the Vikings could be on the verge of signing Favre within the next few weeks.

The Pioneer Press said:
Vikings owner Zygi Wilf, usually willing to answer a question or two about his team, was conspicuously mute when asked Saturday about whether he has interest in free-agent quarterback Brett Favre. "I have no comment," Wilf said, then repeated, "no comment." Wilf did say he feels "great" about his football team. "We're always improving," he said, adding he feels the team "did a great job" with the draft. Expectations for 2009? "We're there to defend our division, so we're in a good spot," he said. The Vikings have been evasive, but not dismissive, when asked about Favre. It's clear one of two issues involve the possibility of Favre signing with Minnesota. Either Favre isn't certain he wants to play again, or his return is predicated on passing a physical for the biceps muscle he tore in his throwing arm last season. If Favre is to become the Vikings' quarterback for 2009, and it still appears he will, a deal is expected to be done within the next three weeks. The Vikings' mandatory minicamp for players is May 29-31.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_12282218?nclick_check=1
If I keep reading news items such as this, I might have to start taking this situation more seriously than I initially planned. -AE

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
THis doesn't really mean he's on the Vikings yet

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't know why the Vikings would want Favre, he is done. But he's probably still much better then Tavaris Jackson or Sage.

Gtown81

Luke 23:34
Reaction score
I hope this doesn't happen just so I don't have to hear all the talk about this guy.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
When will this ego-centric guy leave the league alone? I am tired of hearing Favre might come back every year only to turn out that he comes back once again.

Im tired of Brett Favre, you had a great career, congratulations. If you want to stick it to the Packers go ahead, I wish ESPN wouldnt cover this crap so much.

werebarret

Reaction score
I love Brett Favre, and he's my favorite player of all time.

<___<

I hope he plays until he's fifty.

werebarret

Reaction score
<_< You won't want to hear the talk about him?

Fine, don't turn on the damn TV >_>

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Guess John Madden isn't done yet.

John Madden to join ESPN

I can see it happening

tackling dummies

Reaction score
Just a matter of time. MIN does not have to give up a player/pick and Favre gets to play vs GB twice a year.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I really hope he returns next season.

PiStoL31PeTe

Baller For Life
Reaction score
i really like Favre to i wouldn't mind seeing him come back. When i first started to watchi football he was the first qb i really liked.

jcrusick

Reaction score
I wish Favre would just make a decision and not keep dragging this out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%