Gtown81

Luke 23:34
Reaction score
If he does come out of retirement again, I'll legit put a hit on him

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Favre's ankle is chewed up and he's not all that confident in the Vikings' as a Super Bowl contender. Life goes on, this team made it to the post-season with Tarvaris Jackson under center and they can do it again. This is going to take more running than passing again but Childress can't be as predictable on offense as he was the last time T-Jack held the reigns. Favre opened that passing game up last season, much to Chilly's shigrin, and guys like Rice and Shiancoe responded. We won't be able to air it out as much but it's not like Favre makes the most accurate passes in the world. 8 times out of 10, Favre put the ball in the air and relied on Sidney to make the play. Tarvaris can throw just as far and he's super athletic on his feet.

We aren't the favorite to win the division but still loaded with talent and still one of the best defenses in the league.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
LOL this dude is confident in Tavaris Jackson

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lol Tavaris Jackson blows, should have traded for McNabb.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Tavaris Jackson isn't a terrible quarterback. He has had time to learn the system and will only be better.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I guess it's easy for people to slam someone when they don't have much experience. I definitely think the Vikings are a lot better with Brett Favre BUT it might be time for someone like Tarvaris to step up and make a name for himself. It's OK to be confident in your team no matter who it is, I like that.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I believe it when the season starts and this dude is throwing frisbees to his dogs on a farm, with other dogs picking them off.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jackson is a bum.

But I think Favre is legit this time. I think we can all sleep at night now haha.

Rice18

I'm emotionally vested in me.
Reaction score
I don't believe it. Also as a vikings fan how do you think Tavaris is good. He sucks.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Tarvaris Jackson has a winning record as a QB and the same type of athleticism that gave every a giant Michael Vick-boner back in 2003-04. Where Jackson differs from other black & athlete QB's of his kind; he is better throwing from inside the pocket than on the run.

Jackson was given the starting job during AP's rookie season and basically handed the ball off 35 times a game. Once Defenses began stacking the box, Jackson was forced to throw, and he wasn't very comfortable doing so. We made the 2008 playoffs b/c of the strong 2nd half of the season T-Jack had. Those of us who actually watch enough of the Vikings to know better, know how bad this team was with Gus Frerotte under center.

Like I said, T-Jack's biggest problems stemmed from Childress' ultra-conservative approach to a passing game. Don't get me wrong, Jackson was wet bet the ears and made some dumb-ass clutch situation throws...but what young quarterback hasn't? This kid is still athletic, comfortable as a starter, and only smarter...thanks to the year spent with Brett Favre. Favre made everybody around him so much better last season & nobody was with him as much as his #2.

We be okay w/o Favre.

Reaction score
Tarvaris Jackson has a winning record as a QB and the same type of athleticism that gave every a giant Michael Vick-boner back in 2003-04. Where Jackson differs from other black & athlete QB's of his kind; he is better throwing from inside the pocket than on the run.

Jackson was given the starting job during AP's rookie season and basically handed the ball off 35 times a game. Once Defenses began stacking the box, Jackson was forced to throw, and he wasn't very comfortable doing so. We made the 2008 playoffs b/c of the strong 2nd half of the season T-Jack had. Those of us who actually watch enough of the Vikings to know better, know how bad this team was with Gus Frerotte under center.

Like I said, T-Jack's biggest problems stemmed from Childress' ultra-conservative approach to a passing game. Don't get me wrong, Jackson was wet bet the ears and made some dumb-ass clutch situation throws...but what young quarterback hasn't? This kid is still athletic, comfortable as a starter, and only smarter...thanks to the year spent with Brett Favre. Favre made everybody around him so much better last season & nobody was with him as much as his #2.

We be okay w/o Favre.
Yeah I think yall will be fine with Tarvaris maybe not as good the team last year, but 11-5 seems very possible. The Vikes could still have Brett Favre next year, you never know with the guy.

Rice18

I'm emotionally vested in me.
Reaction score
I see where your coming from man.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Yeah I think yall will be fine with Tarvaris maybe not as good the team last year, but 11-5 seems very possible. The Vikes could still have Brett Favre next year, you never know with the guy.
Dude, please take one of the three images out of your sig.

Dorado

LiveLoveA$AP
Reaction score
he'll be back....

he just wants to skip training camp imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%