Favre Needs Ankle Surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5150940
Brett Favre has been informed he requires surgery on his left ankle to play the upcoming season for the Minnesota Vikings, and the quarterback is deliberating whether to have the procedure or simply to end his 19-year NFL career by retiring.

Favre, who would turn 41 during the 2010 season, told ESPN the ankle injury that he suffered three months ago in the NFC Championship Game against the New Orleans Saints continues to be swollen and painful.

That prompted tests to determine why healing had not occurred and Favre sent the results of those scans to orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews, who told the quarterback his opinion that surgery is unavoidable.

"We have spoken,'' Favre said in an e-mail. "To play again, I would need the surgery, as I suspected. This decision would be easy if not for my teammates and the fans and the entire Vikings staff. One year truly felt like 10 -- much like Green Bay for many years. That's what I was missing in my heart I suppose, a sense of belonging.''

Favre said he must determine whether his affection for the Vikings and his belief they are capable of winning the Super Bowl overrides his disdain for surgery.

Favre would not reveal the exact diagnosis or the prognosis on how long it would take to recover from the surgery.
Seems to be serious if it has lasted this long -- so this may be a bigger issue than his shoulder last season.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So I take it he will end up coming back.

But let's cross our fingers he draws this out all off-season.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Well just like the last 4 years of his career, he's unsure if he wants to do the surgery.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol I highly doubt the ankle injury, he just doesn't want to do OTAs, mini camp, none of that stuff.. Once pre-season starts he'll be back.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I call ten more years of Favre :D

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
lol I highly doubt the ankle injury, he just doesn't want to do OTAs, mini camp, none of that stuff.. Once pre-season starts he'll be back.
at first I thought the same thing, but so far it's sounded like it's a pretty serious injury that hit him in the NFC Championship vs the Saints and it's been bothering him ever since.

I agree with what you say though -- he'll keep pushing off the surgery until a time where he can have the surgery, rehab his leg, and not have to go through camp and all that, bu not too late that he'd have to miss a few games of the regular season.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Now that the draft's over ESPN can now focus on Favre 24/7.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Favre will be back, the ankle needs to be taken care of but even Favre said himself, a minor procedure is all that is necessary. It isn't a situation as serious as his shoulder, last off-season.

There's no doubt in my mind that Faver comes back in August.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
According to NFL Network Favre told a teammate "I'm 100 percent positive I'll never put on pads again in my life"

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
According to NFL Network Favre told a teammate "I'm 100 percent positive I'll never put on pads again in my life"
that really doesn't mean anything -- NFL Network is just covering that part of the story for records come July.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
He's said that every year for the past five years. I'm gonna make a Favre topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%