Favre in purple for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macken

GFX Crew Capt
Reaction score
Watching ESPN today and they said that Favre WILL sign with the Minnesota Vikings today. Will look for a link when one comes out.

Grandy28

Victory!!!!
Reaction score
Watching it now too. I don't see Favre leading the Vikings to the Super Bowl, he throws a lot of INT's. Peterson is still the guy in Minnesota and you have to run the team through him. If I was Sage and Jackson I would be pissed.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
let's look at some tweets

Anyone but me think Favre should join Jon & Kate? Seems like annual drama more than sport. half a minute ago from web

I used to say I'd rather hear about Favre than steroids....but I'm seriously thinking of changing my opinion.... half a minute ago from web

Brett Favre is proof that just because you have a vagina it doesn't mean you can't play professional football with the rest of the men. less than a minute ago from web

I hear Mike Vick already texted Favre thanking him for getting him out of the spotlight for the time being... less than a minute ago from web

I cant watch espn for a week now. Thanks, Favre. 1 minute ago from mobile web

Brett Favre's career has more lives than Amy Winehouse's herpes. less than 20 seconds ago from TweetDeck

favre is like the little kid picking his nose in the corner in elementary school. Gross and annoying. (via @jungbow) less than 20 seconds ago from Tweetie

Brett Favre - how can we miss you if you won't go away? less than 20 seconds ago from TweetDeck

Brett Favre comes out of retirement to play for Vikings. I'm waiting for Sarah Palin and Michael Jordan to do the same thing. less than 20 seconds ago from web

Brett Favre is the high school ex-girlfriend who sleeps with all your friends for "revenge," even though you've moved on. less than 20 seconds ago from BeTwittered

Favre's back but I suspect another retirement by lunch time and a comeback by dinnertime. half a minute ago from web

Oiler35

Reaction score
I'd love to see him break his finger as he signs the contract
:smile:

JUNX

Mmmmmm......
Reaction score
LMAO. Vikings are in dire need of a QB. Tavaris Jackson isn't cutting it.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why do the Vikings even want him, he's probably not even better then Sage Rosenfelts at this point in his career.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Watching it now too. I don't see Favre leading the Vikings to the Super Bowl, he throws a lot of INT's. Peterson is still the guy in Minnesota and you have to run the team through him. If I was Sage and Jackson I would be pissed.
Favre throws a lot of INT's when he is hurt, is fresh into a new offense and has no weapons... that is not the case. I expect Favre to have a good season this year; this makes Minnesota go from a good team to a Super Bowl Contender.

Why do the Vikings even want him, he's probably not even better then Sage Rosenfelts at this point in his career.
Are you kidding? Brett Favre was a Pro Bowl QB last season until he got hurt..

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Do you know how old he is? Chances are he gets hurt again. He can't withstand a whole season.
Brett Favre is one of the most durable athletes in the history of professional sports. The chances of him getting injured again are highly unlikely... and even with him injured he's still better than Rosenfels or Jackson..

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
But he's Favre and people respect him on and off the field, I'm not saying he'll be a probowl QB but he does indeed help them a ton.

Gtown81

Luke 23:34
Reaction score
Hey, I bet you didn't see this coming! He's on a plane to St. Paul, Minnesota, as we speak. His own words: "We may know something by dinner." Just in time for you to throw it up
lol

who cares, the Bears are going to win the division anyways

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Brett Favre is one of the most durable athletes in the history of professional sports. The chances of him getting injured again are highly unlikely... and even with him injured he's still better than Rosenfels or Jackson..
When he was injured he was a bottom 5 QB in the league, 2 TDs to 9 INTs in the last 5 weeks? So no he would not be better then Rosenfels. Are you on the Favre payroll? Don't know why anyone defends this fool.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
When he was injured he was a bottom 5 QB in the league, 2 TDs to 9 INTs in the last 5 weeks? So no he would not be better then Rosenfels. Are you on the Favre payroll? Don't know why anyone defends this fool.
Tavaris Jackson might've been the worst starting QB in the league last season, darn close to it for sure. Rosenfels has good moments but at the same time there's nothing special to him. If Favre comes in healthy and is playing at the level he is capable of playing, the Vikings have a legitimate shot to win the Super Bowl.

Why defend this guy? Because he's one of the greatest quarterbacks to ever play the game of football, a guy I looked up to as a little kid, etc. He's a great quarterback as long as he stays healthy. Based on his career resume, I don't expect to see him get hurt again.

1. Vikings
2. Packers
3. Bears
4. Lions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%