Favre Has Not Retired, Will Play If Healthy

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
MANKATO, Minn. — Minnesota Vikings quarterback Brett Favre has not decided yet whether to retire, he said in an interview with ESPN today, but he will play in 2010 if he is healthy.

Next week could prove key.

That’s when Favre will meet with Dr. James Andrews, who performed the offseason surgery on the quarterback’s ankle, Favre’s agent, Bus Cook, told the NFL Network today.

Favre told ESPN’s Ed Werder in Hattiesburg, Miss., that he has not sent text messages to Vikings personnel saying he is retiring, despite reports Tuesday saying he had. Vikings tight end Visanthe Shiancoe also told reporters Tuesday that a couple of teammates said they had received text messages from Favre indicating he was retiring, although Shiancoe had not.

Money, Favre said in the interview, is not a factor. The issue is his continued concern over the ankle he injured in the NFC Championship Game loss to New Orleans.

Earlier today, the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, citing NFL sources had reported that the Vikings have offered to raise Favre’s 2010 salary from $13 million to $16 million and add another potential $4 million in incentives.

Cook told the NFL Network’s Steve Mariucci it’s not about the money, it’s about the ankle.
Saga continues.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Knew it

The way people reported it was like he actually made a decision yet. I think he'll play.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
I wanna put a bullet in his head.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Why would someone assassinate one of the greatest sports figures of all time?
Because this is getting ridiculous. "I'm retiring, no I'm not, yes I am, I'll play if I'm healthy, no I won't."

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Maybe he is schizo and is just doing what the voices tell him to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%