Favorite move of the 2015-2016 off-season?

BrewCrewFan

Reaction score
What was your favorite move that your team made and who do you think was the most underrated FA signing or trade?

Jeff

Reaction score
I can't complain too much about the David Price signing for the Red Sox. It would have been nice if they didn't cheap out on Lester last year, but what are you going to do.

Big Papi

Say hello to me please
Reaction score
Obtaining Carson Smith and Elias for Miley. Smith may be starting the season on the DL but he is electric, and under control.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ian Desmond is an absolute steal for the Rangers at $8M. He hit 19 homers, drove in 62 homers in a terrible year, last year. He's got a chip on his shoulder, a lot to prove, and I love the move to LF for him.

Now where's the thread for the worst signing?

Stray32

Reaction score
Well Justin Upton gets all the attention but my favorite and most underrated move is actually the trade for Justin Wilson. He's a late-inning lefty with great stuff... KRod and Mark Lowe were solid too, really a great job addressing the top Tigers need without paying a premium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
Kimbrel.

David Price was just too expensive for me to fully justify it.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Stray32 said:
Well Justin Upton gets all the attention but my favorite and most underrated move is actually the trade for Justin Wilson. He's a late-inning lefty with great stuff... KRod and Mark Lowe were solid too, really a great job addressing the top Tigers need without paying a premium.
Upton deal is one of the worst of the offseason.

PWNdroia said:
Kimbrel.

David Price was just too expensive for me to fully justify it.
One championship and Price is paid for. Although I often wonder if Yankee fans would give back the 2009 ring if it erased the Sabathia, Burnett, and Teixeira deals from the history books.

Stray32

Reaction score
Pharoah said:
Like you said about the Price deal, one championship and it's immediately worth it. Also the way it's set up its basically a 2-year deal

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Stray32 said:
Like you said about the Price deal, one championship and it's immediately worth it. Also the way it's set up its basically a 2-year deal
Doesn't matter how long the deal is, Detroit is out of their minds to be allocating available money to another bat. When you already have $95M dedicated to hitting and come off a season where your team ERA is ranked 28th........you don't sign Justin Upton for $22M per. And if Upton doesn't play well in pitcher-friendly Comerica, its unlikely he opts out of $132.6M. I saw where somebody located all 26 of Upton's dingers from last year and placed onto a Comerica overlay. 8 of 26 homers wouldn't have left Comerica.

Stray32

Reaction score
Would wholeheartedly disagree with you if my laptop wasn't broken but don't worry I'll be back to finish this later

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
Pharoah said:

One championship and Price is paid for. Although I often wonder if Yankee fans would give back the 2009 ring if it erased the Sabathia, Burnett, and Teixeira deals from the history books.
I don't know... there are at least a hundred different outcomes that could warrant a championship team other than signing Price... look at the 2013 team. Put them together any other year and they don't win a championship.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Stray32 said:
Would wholeheartedly disagree with you if my laptop wasn't broken but don't worry I'll be back to finish this later

lol, right on man. I look forward to your retort!

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
brett05 said:
Getting Frazier for zero cost.
The prospects the White Sox gave up & their current ranking in the Dodgers' system: Frankie Montas (#5), Micah Johnson (#14) and Trayce Thompson (#15)

I would say a pretty decent haul for Frazier, a guy who is only going to decline with age.

brett05

Reaction score
Pharoah said:
The prospects the White Sox gave up & their current ranking in the Dodgers' system: Frankie Montas (#5), Micah Johnson (#14) and Trayce Thompson (#15)

I would say a pretty decent haul for Frazier, a guy who is only going to decline with age.
As Sean Hannity says, Let me educate you.

- Frazier has quite a bit of upside compared to who the White Sox have been rolling out. Even if he regresses as he ages, he'll still be a top 10 3b in all of MLB.
- Frankie is projected as a relief pitcher fringe starter but most scouts doubt he can be a starting pitcher. He would have never cracked the White Sox Starting staff.
- Can I have the list of players this late in their careers being ranked as an organizations #14 and #15 prospect that played with any regularity in the bigs let alone became worth anything?

The cost for the White Sox was zero. And in the words of Damien Sandow, You're welcome!

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
brett05 said:
As Sean Hannity says, Let me educate you.

- Frazier has quite a bit of upside compared to who the White Sox have been rolling out. Even if he regresses as he ages, he'll still be a top 10 3b in all of MLB.
- Frankie is projected as a relief pitcher fringe starter but most scouts doubt he can be a starting pitcher. He would have never cracked the White Sox Starting staff.
- Can I have the list of players this late in their careers being ranked as an organizations #14 and #15 prospect that played with any regularity in the bigs let alone became worth anything?

The cost for the White Sox was zero. And in the words of Damien Sandow, You're welcome!
Frazier has some value but lets not overvalue him based on the fact the ChiSox have had a run of shitty 3B.

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
I really like the addition of Lackey to the Cubs. He really improves the depth in the rotation and his contract is dirt cheap compared to the prices paid for guys like Price, Miller, and Zimmerman this offseason.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%