Evan Turner out 8 weeks

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Ohio State junior guard Evan Turner has been diagnosed with a transverse process fracture on the second and third lumbar vertebra of his spine. He is expected to miss the next eight weeks, Vince O'Brien, athletic trainer for the Buckeyes' men's basketball team, said.

Turner sustained the injury early in the first half of Ohio State's 111-60 victory over Eastern Michigan Saturday. Turner landed on his back after a dunk attempt. He left the court under his own power before going to the Ohio State Medical Center for tests. He was released from the facility and is home resting.

Turner left the game with four points in seven minutes.

After eight games, Turner led Ohio State in scoring (18.5 ppg.), rebounding (11.4 rpg.), assists (47), field goals (62) and free throws made (22). He is shooting 61 percent from the field (62-102) and was the only Big Ten player averaging a double-double.

Ohio State is off the next week for final exams and will resume competition at noon Dec. 12 at Butler.
:( He had a great shot at player of the year..

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I hate to see this. Guy was having a amazing year. Best all around player in cball in my opinion.

MrBaseball

Reaction score
The big ten title has basically just been handed to Purdue. I'm not saying they are totally out of the race, but it's going to take something special for them to still win it.

olijah11

Reaction score
The big ten title has basically just been handed to Purdue. I'm not saying they are totally out of the race, but it's going to take something special for them to still win it.
That is what he gets for posterridding0

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%